Chapter 7: Summer Camp

Ashley and Jeff arrive at Camp Maple. The camp has ten cabins on each side of the road with a main building at the end of the road, Keith's mom stops the car at the main building, "Well here we are," says Ms. Robertson.

"Woah, this place is big," says Ashley.

"Just wait, until we get inside," says Keith. They all hop out of the car and Ashley looks over towards the lake, Jeff walks up beside her. 

"What are you looking at?" asks Jeff.

"The lake, it's really pretty," says Ashley.

"Yeah, I'd have to agree, I guess. Maybe we can look at it when we get our stuff in."

"Oh, yeah, sounds good." They grab all their stuff and head for the cabins.

They get down to the cabins where a man is waiting. He messes with his ranger cap and puts his cellphone in his cargo pants. He walks over to them, "Well hello there! Welcome to Camp Maple!" says the man as he gestures to his 'Camp Maple' shirt. "What's your name?" he asks.

"My name is Keith."

"Well, nice to meet you Keith, and the rest of you?"

"I'm Catherine, but my friends call me Cat."

"I'm Haille."

"Ashley."

"Jeff."

"Well, it's very nice to meet you all, my names Mason, boy's cabins are on the left, girls on the right, get settled in and meet me by the campfire, at six o'clock pm. Too get there you wanna head down that trail to the right, It'll lead you right to it," he says as he points down the trail. "You all are gonna have so much fun here! I can't wait to get to know you all." Mason walks away to the main building.

"Well, he seems nice," says Ms. Robertson.

"Yeah, well thanks mom, I think we can take it from here," says Keith.

"Are you sure sweetie?"

"Yes mom, we'll be fine."

"Alright, I'll call you tonight to make sure you're settled in, I love you sweetheart!"

"I love you too mom," Keith says as she walks away to the car. "Alright, Jeff let's head down to our cabins, and we'll see you ladies at six o'clock."

"Okay, sounds good, let's go ladies, let's see if our cabinmates are nice," says Catherine.

They go to their separate cabins.

Jeff gets in his cabin and sees six bunk beds, all of them are taken except for the one at the end. "You want top or bottom?" asks Keith.

"Uh top I guess," says Jeff.

"Alright, I'll take bottom." They walk over and unpack, when a kid walks over to them. He looks at Keith with his brown eyes excitedly. He adjusts his glasses and brushes his brown hair back. 

"Hi," the kid says.

"Hello, what's your name?" asks Keith.

"I'm Matthias Holcrumb."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Matthias Holcrumb, I'm Keith, and that's Jeff," he says as he points at Jeff. He shakes Matthias hand, 

"So where are you guys from?" asks Matthias.

"Where from Ferrisville Michigan, yourself?" asks Keith.

"Savannah, Georgia," says Matthias.

"So, you came a long way."