Chapter 2: Snap

Jeff wakes up to Liu raging in the room right beside him. He thinks to himself "I hate these thin walls." He gets up and goes to Liu's room, he enters and says, "why are you getting mad?"

"I can't get a single kill!"

"It's not my fault you suck."

"I don't suck...you suck!"

"Nice comeback, look man let me show you how it's done." Jeff takes the controller from him and shows him how to play properly.

"See just like that," Jeff says.

"Okay, I think I get it now," says Liu.

"Good, now, shhh." Jeff walks out of his room right into his mom. She stares at him with her blue eyes, and adjusts her black hair in a bun. "You're a good big brother."

"I try to be, you're already ready?" asks Jeff as he looks at her chef's outfit.

"You know what they say, early bird gets the worm. So are you gonna tell me about that girl who was with you yesterday?" asks Ms. Woods.

"I told you last night mom, she's just a girl that I met."

"Well, I'm glad that you're making friends."

"Yeah, she's really cool. She just moved here, and she plays softball, and is a really good singer."

"What's her name again?"

"Ashley."

"I like that name."

"I do too, and she's really pretty...mom how come whenever I think about her, my insides get all...jiggly?"

"Aww, sweetie, that's called love, I think you like this girl."

"I mean yeah I like her, but not in that way."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't know her enough yet, but she seems nice."

"Well keep getting to know her. It's time for you to get dressed, we don't wanna be late, do we?"

"No ma'am, I'm on it." Jeff runs out of the room, he takes a shower, and gets dressed in a green shirt, a white hoodie, black dress pants, and black canvas shoes. He runs down the stairs to the kitchen where he sees his dad sitting at the table, eating his breakfast. Jeff notices that his suit is very well kept and clean, more than usual. He sits down next to him. "Hey bud, I heard you got in a fight at school yesterday," said Jeff's dad.

"Yeah, but he didn't rough me up too much," said Jeff.

"I also heard you defended this girl, I'm proud of you son."

"Thanks dad."

"So tell me about her, what's she like?"

"Well, she's really pretty." His dad nods his head. "Really shy, but sweet." His dad nods his head. "She plays softball and is a great singer."

"Wow, she sounds like the full package. Well I'm proud of you for making friends, I know it's hard considering you don't like talking to strangers. Just keep it up, and know that your mom and I are very proud of you, and that we love you."

"Thanks dad, I love you too." Ms. Woods plops some pancakes down in front of Jeff. 

"Here you go honey, eat up now, we don't wanna be late," says Ms. Woods.

"Honey, calm down, he doesn't have to be there for another thirty minutes." Mr. Woods says in a happy tone.

"I know, but you know how I am honey."