Chapter 22: Erin's Guntersville

Mary wakes up in the morning and goes over to Ashley's door. She can still hear her snoring. She walks over to the kitchen and starts looking around.

A couple of hours later Ashley wakes up from her alarm and slowly walks to her door, she opens it and sees Mary flipping some pancakes. "Morning!" says Mary.

"You cook?" asks Ashley.

"Yeah, my mom taught me when I was six."

"Well, when you get done could you throw two on a platter and give them to me."

"Sure." Ashley grabs a green polo shirt, blue jeans, and her black ankle boots, and heads to the shower. She showers up, gets dressed, and brushes her teeth. She walks back out and sees Mary has prepared a plate for her, she grabs it and goes and sits down on the couch with her feet propped up on the coffee table, she eats some of the pancakes. "Mmm, not bad...For a kid anyway..." says Ashley.

"Can I make you some coffee?" asks Mary.

"Nah, just toss me some pop will ya?"

"Okay." Mary goes in her fridge and tosses her a Dr. Pepper, she catches it and chugs the can, she slams the drink down and burps. "That's the stuff..."

"Why don't you try orange juice, or milk?"

"Why don't you try shutting the fuck up."

"Okay sorry, just looking out for your health."

"Trust me sweetheart my health doesn't need looking after." She goes to the fridge and gets another Dr. Pepper. She goes and sits back down and chucks it. She burps and tosses the can on the floor.

"Don't you ever think about cleaning this place up?"

"No, I told you it's not necessary."

"Yeah, but don't you get tired of the smell?"

"I think it really shows the place off." Mary sighs then turns on the sink, she starts washing her dishes. "What are you doing?" asks Ashley.

"Doing your dishes."

"Alright, just watch out for the family of cockroaches living under the casserole dish." Mary jumps back, and Ashley laughs.

"I'm fucking with you kid." Ashley laughs more. "Ah...I love torturing children..."

"Hey if it makes you more motivated, I'll gladly be tortured."

"Since when the fuck do you care about my motivation?"

"Since, you decided I should start living with you."

"Look, kid this is temporary, once we kill Jeff. We're done, and you'll be going to an orphanage."

"What!? Why!?"

"Because I can't take care of a kid. I can barely take care of myself!"

"I'm sixteen! I could get a job, I could help!"

"Kid why do you give a shit so much? I'm not much of a wholesome person, and I'm definitely not mom material."

"Please Ashley! I don't want to go to an orphanage!" She starts crying, and Ashley sighs,

"Alright! Alright! Stop the fucking crying! I'll think about it..."

"Really?"

"I guess..." Mary runs up and hugs Ashley. She pats her back, and shoves Mary off.

"Alright that's enough!"

"Sorry..." Ashley gets out her cell phone and calls her chopper pilot.

"Ryder! Is the chopper ready?"