CHAPTER 16 : Might Hurt

CHAPTER 16 : might hurt

CHAPTER 16 :
might hurt

Haruhi couldn't move her hand when she stood before the large doors of her house. She stared at the front porch, realising that she will finally see those monsters again. She sighed and took a deep breath before opening the door with a loud squeak. The dark hall immediately visited her eyes.

"Please send our regards to your parents, Shoto..."

She didn't lift her head when she heard that forgery and deceitful voice of a woman she detested the most. Haruhi walked straight towards the stairs until Shoto called her name.

"Haruhi..." His worried voice spoke, leaving her no choice but to raise her head. She locked eyes with her devil father and quickly looked away.

"Haruhi, don't you see that Shoto visited you all the way here?" His grim voice rumbled against her ears.

Her eyes go wide and suddenly, flashback of her torment came back to her mind. Haruhi turned away from them while staring at the ground. "I see..." She whispered.

"Then, pay him some respect." Her father rudely ordered her.

These people know her weakness. And it's Shoto, he has always been her strength and frailty at the same time. If Shoto knew that she is against her parents, then he wouldn't believe her at all... because all they have ever shown is kindess. A trait they could never show to Haruhi. Shoto never really knew about her being an illegitimate child.

"It's alright, uncle. I guess Haruhi is in a bad mood..." Shoto answered him on her behalf. He smiled and looked back at Haruhi worriedly.

Shoto slowly approached him, putting a hand over her shoulder. Haruhi flinched, surprising Shoto because she never recoiled away from him.

"Is something wrong?" Shoto whispered with furrowed brows. "Haruhi..."

"What do you want to talk about?" Haruhi looked at him with steady eyes.

Shoto felt uneasy. When he followed the direction of her eyes, he glanced over his shoulder and saw how her parents stared at her. His eyes became keen and careful before turning back to her. Haruhi pulled him away from those people because she is nervous around them when Shoto is present.

"What do you want?" Haruhi coldly asked him while pouring water on a glass. She put it down on the marble table infront of him. "Shoto..."

"Why are you dating?" He asked directly.

Her eyes widened. "I..."

Shoto touched her cheek. "I told you... not to date anyone while i'm away..."

Haruhi gulped. Her chest began to hurt and she didn't know why the feeling is different from before. She sighed and bit her lip. "I'm not..."

She got cut off when Shoto hugged her tightly. Her cheeks flushed heavily. "Please... stay by my side, Haruhi? Please?"