CHAPTER 22 : Step Up

CHAPTER 22 : step up

CHAPTER 22 :
step up

Haruhi stormed out of the classroom soon as she read the message. How could Yui be so cruel to them? She knew exactly that they're dating, so why is she still bothering them? Haruhi wanted to confront her, to show up instead of Katsuki. Will she still be happy?

"Where are you going, Ruhi?" Kei asked in a worried tone.

"To that darn cafeteria," She muttered under her breath.

His eyes widened. "But... you... Haruhi!" He tried to chase her but it was too late.

Haruhi sighed before seeing the cafeteria's entrance. It was not faraway from her so she quickly run the distance, holding onto the wall for support. She didn't know why that girl named Yui really got to her nerves so bad she wanted to face her now. But as she slowly regain composure, her heart thumped loudly after recognising Katsuki's voice.

His words were indistinct, but it was clearly his voice. But she could hardly hear him speak because of the overlapping voices inside the hallway. So, Haruhi decided to take a step forward and enter the cafeteria. There, she saw Katsuki standing with Yui. Haruhi felt physically pain in her chest, she didn't know how she would react. Immediately, different thoughts invaded her mind.

Why is he here already? Did they plan to meet here? What are they talking about? Does he still love her? She didn't know. She doesn't know anything! And that fact made her worried. How could Haruhi not know about this? Was he lying all along?

"Katsuki... thank you for being here," Yui spoke with sadness written all over her face.

Katsuki stared at her, he didn't really like seeing her sad and crying but he had to stand there to comfort her. He sighed and put a hand on her shoulder while looking away. He didn't want to do this. Not like this... Katsuki began to feel guilt.

"Thank you," Yui hugged him.

That scene alone caused a pang of pain in Haruhi's heart. She didn't want to see this anymore, she also doesn't like the smell of the cafeteria. Haruhi couldn't stand the aroma, even the atmosphere...

Soon, her expression became dull. Haruhi felt her stomach churn, releasing an ill sound because of how nauseous she felt. She quickly ran towards the nearest bathroom, puking her intestines out. Haruhi is not fond of the cafeteria.

Then, she felt a hand caressing her back. Haruhi closed her eyes after vomitting, washing her mouth and drinking water. Haruhi turned to the person who eased her, she put a forced smile.

"So, you came here to comfort me after consoling your ex-girlfriend?" Haruhi sarcastically said.

Katsuki's eyes widened, like he got caught in a cheese trap. He averted his gaze in shame, knowing how angry she must've been to see her with Yui. But how could he explain it to her?