CHAPTER 17 : Linger

CHAPTER 17 : linger

CHAPTER 17 :
linger

After classes, Haruhi lied to Katsuki that she suddenly had other plans. Even though their plans for the day wasn't continued, Katsuki still called her phone during the night until they both fell asleep.

Early in the morning, Haruhi saw how her brother was being bombarded with flashing lights when her father assisted him back home. Haruhi gave them a cold stare before sighing and walking in another direction to school. She couldn't even greet her brother properly because of the media.

When she arrived at school, Katsuki was already there. He grinned at her then put an arm over her shoulder.

"Where do you think we should go later? How about the ramen shop I found a while ago?"

Haruhi felt nervous, she looked around to make sure that Yui wasn't there. When she faced Katsuki, her expression was worried. "I'm sorry but I have to skip today, we have a meeting..."

Katsuki frowned. "Since when did you attend your meetings? Beside, you don't even hold one dummy."

She laughed at him. "Idiot, it's different now that Shoto is back. Of course, he would naturally become president again..."

He only nodded to understand. "You should've been president all along, dummy. Maybe we should re-elect the Council?" Katsuki smirked.

"Whatever, you won't vote for me anyway." She jokingly says and sit down on her chair.

The class begun soon as their homeroom teacher arrived infront of them. Haruhi didn't trouble him by asking how it went with Yui because she thought it would be insensitive and wrong. When the last period had ended, Katsuki wanted to tag along with her but Haruhi knew that Shoto would have a fit if he sees him with her. So in the end, Katsuki went with a bunch of 'losers', as he called Kaminari and their other classmates.

Haruhi entered the Council office, but she didn't see anyone except for Shoto. It seemed like he had been waiting there for a while.

"Kei will not be able to attend, he had some business to do." Haruhi informed him upon taking a seat on her own chair.

Shoto raised a brow, looking at her from across the room. He placed down his papers and approached Haruhi, stopping infront of her closely. Haruhi's eyes look up to his, watching as he put his arm beside her carefully.

"Am I still not forgiven, Haruhi?" Shoto asked with a gentle voice.

"What are you talking about?" She innocently asked him.

Shoto sighed, caressing her face. "You'll come back to me and i'll make sure of it," He whispered.

When the door opened, Shoto instantly straightened his posture and turned away from Haruhi. The two officer entered the room but Tsuyu's eyes were locked onto Haruhi who was barely breathing due to shock. Haruhi sighed and calmed herself down, not knowing how to intake Shoto's prying words.