CHAPTER 8 : Fake Date

CHAPTER 8 : fake date

CHAPTER 8 :
fake date

The next day, Haruhi told Kei about her new decisions in life.

"WHAT?! You're probably being indecisive again. How could you agree on fake dating with someone you barely know?" Kei exclaimed although he seemed worried, he sounded excited too. "I... well, it is your choice. But... what the hell? This is all unexpected."

Haruhi winced in annoyance. "Well, we're gonna fake date so we can get to know each other. Besides, he had his reasons."

"What reasons?! Tell me, now!" He demanded.

"You should respect his privacy, Kei. I'll tell you next time..." She laughed at him while writing on her textbook. "It's not like we're gonna take this seriously. To me, it's all a ridiculous joke."

"You can't say..." Kei judged her and squinted his eyes.

"I'm serious, Kei. If one of us get hurt, then i'll end it immediately..." Haruhi reasoned out, placing down books she borrowed.

"And why would you two get hurt?" Kei seemed skeptical about it all.

Haruhi froze upon his question. She couldn't tell him that there are other people involved. "Well... I didn't say that as a matter of fact. It's only one of my what ifs..."

"And what if you fall for him?" He continues to interrogate her.

"I won't fall for him. I'm inlove with Shoto, remember?" She smirked and shook her hand to remind him. Haruhi began to open her laptop.

"But... you're moving on from him. What if you get distracted and your feelings return, but it will be directed to another person. And that person is..."

Haruhi stopped him. "I'm not like that. I won't use anyone to move on..."

Kei sighed, wearing his bag. "I don't know, Haruhi. I just want you to be careful and think this through. I don't want you hurting again..."

Haruhi smiled at him genuinely. "I'm careful enough to think this through, Kei..."

"Alright..." He responded and gave her a tight hug which is oddly comforting to Haruhi. "I'll go home early today. My mother needs the queen," Kei smirked and gave her back a pat.

"Say hi to her for me, please?" Haruhi asked while fondling his hand.

"Sure... goodluck on your sweet date," Kei teased before he left the office.