CHAPTER 1 : Haruhi

CHAPTER 1 : haruhi

CHAPTER 1 :
haruhi

"So this is the office... no, wait. This is the guidance office." Haruhi spoke with uncertainty. "Ah, yes. This is where all the troublemakers go. And just a normal room for the faculties. It's no big deal."

Katsuki nodded. He is following Haruhi who is walking in reverse while explaining every room they pass. It's been 15 minutes since they started, and it is surprising that Haruhi is a lot more talkative today than her usual days. But as she observed it more, Katsuki is a quiet fellow. Haruhi keeps on talking until they reach a particular room.

"This is the old computer room. No one uses it but lately, there are rumours flying around." She chuckled shortly. Haruhi turned to him with a grin. "They have been sighting ghosts near this area." She whispered to him, her voice adding a spooky effect to it.

Katsuki seemed unfazed. But he slowly smirked at her adorable face, "Really? Let's go in, then?"

"Yeah, we should..." Haruhi smiled but it quickly dropped after hearing his words again. "What? No way. I just told you that it's haunted..."

Katsuki rolled his eyes and looked back at her with a poker face. "What about it? Let's explore the room."

Haruhi sighed internally and opened the door without a choice. The door squeaked as their silhouette fell on the ground. The room is dark so Katsuki took a step inside, switching a light on. But the bulb began to flicker! Haruhi immediately clasped her hands and began to send prayers.

"I don't think we should be here..." Haruhi spoke with fear, looking around the dark room. She hold her nape and shivered. "These computers are getting wasted..." She told herself while staring at the abandoned computer set ups.

"If they are still working, you can put it to use. Bring it to another room, or such..." Katsuki suggested with a shrug.

"They.. are making a new room—" She stopped her weak voice when Katsuki approached a box laying on the floor. "Hey... I think we should go. You know? Hey! Don't.. don't touch that!"

"What is this for?" His eyes twinkled in amusment. The box is bright red, having a crank and dents all over it. Haruhi roamed her eyes around the creepy compartment before walking up to him. "Let's open it up..." Katsuki whispered.

"No. What the hell? Give it to me." Haruhi rudely exclaimed at him, wanting to snatch it away from his hands. Katsuki lifted his head to her, a judging look in his blank face.

The girl placed her palm on her hips as he crouch down and started pulling the crank around. A mischievous grin creeps to his lips while Haruhi winced at his actions. She slowly began to back away as the box started giving weird noises. When the crank unexpectedly spun on its own, Katsuki placed it down.