𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒 𝚊𝚖

ELSA
°

When I got there I saw Jack flying around, being chased by a fearling. The ice barrier that I made was no longer there, so was Honeymaren.

"Elsa? You - where are the Northuldrans? Did you get them-"

"They're fine. I lead them to the Valley of the Living Rock. They should've arrived there by now." I reassured him as I flew towards him.

He looked at me and nodded. "Good, that's good." He said.

I noticed his hand seemed to be reaching out towards me so I held it. He looked a bit surprised so I guess it wasn't what he had in mind. I was about to let go but he used his other hand to cover mine completely. He looked at me with serious eyes, panic slightly showing.

"Why did you come back here then? You were already at safety and-"

"You're not. I wanted to help." I told him, mirroring what he did and cupped on of his hands. "I wanted to make sure that you were safe too so I-"

"LOOK OUT!" He pulled me to his side and I saw the shadow that passed us.

"That's cute." I heard someone say before chuckling started. To be honest though, it didn't really sound like it was someone. The voice was so distorted it was like I was hearing a group of people talk at the same time. It was really unsettling.

Apart from the fact that Honeymaren is now almost completely a shadow, I guess that's something scaring me.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked Jack as I stared at the shadow slowly approaching us.

She's taunting us, isn't she? I know they're faster than this. I know they can fly their way to us. I know-

"Stick together, don't let them get you. That's what we have to do for now." Jack said.

I nodded, facing the direction of what I feared.

I shouldn't be scared. Jack's here.

I mean, look at him, he looks so confident and determined. He's been fighting this off for who knows how long and he's still standing.

If he can do it then so can I.

"I'm not afraid of you." I said in a murmur, as if casting a spell on myself.

Okay. Let's do this.

JACK
°

This is bad. I thought for sure Anna wouldn't let her go back here.

She's not safe here. If it were earlier when Honeymaren wasn't completely consumed by the darkness then it would've been fine but right now... even her crystal wouldn't be able to scare her off.

Fearlings turnt from children are relatively weaker, the adult turnt ones are going to be very though.

"We have to find a way out of here." I looked over to Elsa who was focused.

"What about the fearlings?" She asked.

"They're shadows, as long as there's light they won't follow." I told Elsa.

She nodded. "To the Valley of the Living Rock then?" I nodded.

I scanned the room to try and find the adult Fearling. I can't risk Elsa getting near her. One touch and it's all downhill from there.

Luckily Elsa wasn't far from me. She was just floating steadily beside me as if she's already mastered being on the wind.

Gale, I know she's your protector and it's her job but I hope you're protecting her too.

But no, it's okay. She has the crystal. We're safe. She's safe.

"We should go." I said.

"Where are they?" Elsa muttered.

"What?" I faced her.

"The fearlings. They're not here." Elsa said, her eyes wandering around.

I chuckled. "Maybe it got scared off by your pendant." I said confidently.

"But I don't have it." Elsa looked at me.

My eyes widened. "WHAT?" I took her shoulders. Oh no. Oh no no no this is bad.

I could hear the chuckling already.

"She doesn't have it huh?" The familiar voice said.

"Elsa, we have to leave right now." I said.

The ice castle walls started to change colors, from a shimmering blue to dark black slowly creeping on the walls.

"Jack, what's happening?" Elsa's breath hitched.

"We have to go." I took her hand and started to fly out of he castle.

They're following us.

They're using our own shadow to follow us.

"Jack are you okay?" I looked over to Elsa who had a worried look on her face.

We stopped on our tracks, the light of the moon creating us a shield against the darkness.

"Hey, is it because of the pendant? Because I don't have it?" Elsa asked.

I took a deep breath. "Yes. It was-" I sighed. "I was confident that you had it on you and I was just surprised cause-"

"Look, I didn't have it when I went to you and we were fine right?" Elsa asked.

"I know. I was just..." I paused in realization.

I was the one they were chasing. It was my fear they sensed. I looked down, the shadow beneath us was shaking, shivering, alive.

This is all my fault.

"Jack, listen to me." Elsa held my hands. "We'll be fine."

This is my fault. You don't have to do this.

"We'll get to the Valley of the Living Rock-"

No, I'll put everyone in danger.

"-we're all safe there."

Not with me in there too.

"-We'll consult Grand Pabbie about this and maybe they have a weakness or a way to repel them or something."

Grand Pabbie. Yes. We have to get to him.

"Gale, take us to the Valley of the Living Rock as fast as you can." I said. Elsa flashed me a smile as we both flew our way, hand in hand.

We flew on a higher altitude just to make sure that the moonlight was on our skin and our shadows were far away. And in almost no time we got to our destination.

"Elsa you're back!" Anna greeted Elsa with a hug.

I scanned the room and quickly saw that the Northuldrans were indeed in the safe zone.

Elsa continued on to be greeted by them, thanking her for saving them.

"It's my duty as the protector." She simply responds. This girl, she's too amazing. Elsa turned to look at me and gives me a bright smile and squeezes my hand lightly, reminding me I have yet let go of it. I was so used to the feeling I barely even noticed.

I unintertwined my hand from her which made her give me a confused look.

"I'll be right back." I told her before running off to find Grand Pabbie.