𝚒'𝚖 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎

ELSA
°

It was quiet last night. I expected it to be a bit more noisy since everyone in the kingdom was in the castle.

I felt uneasy knowing that.

I guess it could also just be because everyone was asleep and I was wide awake but it didn't help any lesser when the idea of fearlings came across my mind.

"Elsa, I brought snacks." Anna said coming over to my side with a tray of cookies. "You should eat up. You skipped breakfast earlier." She said with a worried face.

"No, it's okay. I ate breakfast after you did. I'm sorry for not joining you." I said.

Anna sighed. "Well, you still need this because your energy might be drained from looking after everyone for so long." She said pushing her tray of cookies towards me a bit more.

"All I've been doing is standing Anna." I pointed out.

She pouted, looking at the snacks she had on her hands. "But I made these just for you. I even added little snowflakes on them." She pointed at one of the cookies, making her loose her balance a bit.

"Careful." I told her, holding the other side of the tray just in time before the cookies fell off.

Anna just grinned at me and grabbed a cookie. She then told me to open my mouth and give a bite of the cookie she was holding.

A satisfied look crept to her face as I chewed the cookie. "It's good." I said making her smile wider.

"Right? We used chocolate to design the cookies." She said excitedly. "The snowflake parts aren't chocolate though, we didn't have white chocolate." She explained.

I just laughed. "It's tasty though." I simply replied. Anna gave me a wide smile.

"Glad you like it." She said.

A little while later we were approached by Gerda, informing Anna that they are already doing preparations for lunch.

"Oh, this early?" Anna replied a bit surprised. She looked at me and I just gave her a look. "Right, of course this early." She told herself.

"It is a lot of people to feed." I said. "Just like when we prepared for the holidays last time." I reminded her.

"Oh that's right. We prepared a lot of foods then." Anna said. "I can help too right?" She asked excitedly.

Anna seems to enjoy joining in on those activities, something she and I don't have in common. I guess this is what makes her more fit to rule the kingdom in the first place.

"Yes, of course your highness. We'd be honored." Gerda simply replied though I feel like she already saw Anna's question coming. It might even be the sole reason she came all the way here to inform her.

"I'll just stay here." I told Anna.

"Okay." She grinned widely as they walked their way to the castle's kitchen, immediately striking a conversation about what they will be preparing.

I was left with a tray of cookies in hand.

I smiled as I admired the designs they put on the cookies. All hand piped icing and chocolate to create details on it. Anna definitely got better at making these.

I tried to balance the tray on one hand as I used the other to conjure up an ice table to put it on to. Luckily I managed to do that without losing a single cookie.

"Nice balance." Someone said, startling me a bit as I quickly turned to the direction it came from.

"I hope it was a pleasant surprise for you." He grinned. Oh, it's Jack.

"You have got to stop sneaking up on me." I said as my hand rested on my chest. My heart is beating so fast.

"Sorry. I guess I could also add stealth as one of the things I'm good at now?" He joked, floating around with a huge smile on his face. I just raised an eyebrow at him as he laughed.

"Sorry, I'll stop." He said as he shyly landed on his feet. His lips were pursed and his hands were at his back.

"Seriously, I think one of these days you might give me a heart attack." I tried also cracking at joke, trying to get the awkward expression he has off.

I laughed awkwardly, trying to indicate that it was in fact a joke. Oh goodness why is my heart beating faster?

I looked at Jack who now had an amused face. I cleared my throat. "Sorry." I muttered. A single laugh was hear from him before he grinned.

"I'll be more careful then." He smiled widely.

***

It wasn't unusual for me to see Nokk hanging around near the fjord whenever I'm staying at Arendelle. But this was the only time the Nokk looked really distressed.

"What's wrong?" I approached the Nokk.

It felt like I was taming it once more as I tried to get a hold of it. For a small moment I thought I was going to be toppled over and dragged all the way down the water.

"It's okay, it's okay." I kept telling the Nokk once it has calmed. "Now, what is going on?" I asked myself.

Perhaps something was going on in the enchanted forest.

I gently touched the mane of the Nokk and it turned into a beautiful icy steed. "Take me there." I told the Nokk as soon as I got on it.

***

I was right. Something was wrong.

"Elsa, what do we do?" Honeymaren looked at me, her eyes a bit watery as she held my hand.

I looked over at everyone who seem to be at panic and distress.

"Everyone calm down." I told them, making sure my voice was loud enough for them to hear me. It seemed to have gotten everyone's attention, thankfully.

"I know everyone is scared, but it's okay. I'm here now." I said. "As the protector of the Enchanted Forest, I will make sure no harm comes to those who live in it."

Everyone cheered, feeling assured after my small speech.

I was given a hug by Honeymaren. "Thank you for going back as soon as you can." She said.

That was when I remembered. I didn't get to tell Anna I left to go back.