𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗

JACK
°

"Grand Pabbie, this is Jack Frost." Anna introduced me to him. "He's the winter spirit." She added.

I just bowed my head, still trying to process the fact that a rock turned into a small troll. I'm not completely surprised, I mean, I met the Earth Giants before but I didn't know they could actually turn into just a rock. The Earth Giants sort of just stay... Earth Giants?

"Winter Spirit?" He eyed me carefully. "I see you're doing well." He smiled.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "You... you know me?" I asked.

"Grand Pabbie knows everything." Kristoff bragged making Grand Pabbie laugh.

"Not necessarily." Grand Pabbie said. "I simply know a lot due to being here for a long time." He added.

"You see, the Winter Spirit has been here before." Grand Pabbie explained. "Not too long ago if I may add."

"That's right." I confirmed. "Did you see me then?" I asked.

He gave me a small nod with a smile. "You seemed lost then." He said.

Grand Pabbie then offer his hand. "May I?" He asked. I furrowed my eyebrows, unsure of what I should do.

"Take his hand." I felt Elsa touch my shoulder. I turned to her and she was smiling as she motioned to him.

I did what I was told. I didn't feel anything, honestly I felt like nothing was happening but everything was quiet as if they were anticipating something to happen.

Grand Pabbie had his eyes shut, so I didn't really know what else I should be doing. Everyone else's attention was on him so I guess we should just stare at him while that happens?

"Jack Frost, a few years ago you asked me a favor." He suddenly spoke up. I furrowed my eyebrows. "What I'm about to do is going to be against that but it's for the best." Grand Pabbie added.

All of us looked at him confused.

He then asked me to come closer, he touched my forehead and with a wave of his other hand an image projected in the air. It was me, flying above a small village.

"Altering your memories was what you asked me back then, you seemed sure you wanted to forget." Grand Pabbie said, with another wave of his hand the unfamiliar village became a more familiar one. One that I just been to. Arendelle.

Then another image popped up. A little blonde girl on a snowy field, sitting alone. Another wave and it was like the girl was transported to a room, a very spacious one at that.

Then another image showed, this time it didn't have the same glittery purple light surrounding it. It was red.

I was fighting off one of the things I've been avoiding for a long time. Fearlings.  Shadow-like creatures that the Guardians once battled. If I'm not mistaken they've already been defeated.

But what was its connection to the other memories?

To answer my question, Grand Pabbie returned the memory to its former state, revealing the real place I was fighting it off. Near the castle.

A familiar window pane can be seen not far from where the fighting was happening, it was the same window the little girl from earlier was.

Grand Pabbie asked me to come closer once more, as he gathered the glitter-like light that was the images from earlier. He touched my forehead once more and it is as if some of my memories started making more sense than before.

I turned to Elsa. "It was you." I said. "The little girl earlier was you wasn't it?" I asked.

She just looked at me surprised.

Back then I thought I was meddling with her, accidentally using my ice powers and upsetting her. I never saw a child that had much fear before, it was to the point that she was being haunted by fearlings. 

I thought I was the one she feared back then. But knowing that it was Elsa, I know now that it wasn't me that she feared back then. It was herself and her own powers. I came across the trolls before and asked if the leader can do something about it, and I asked him to manipulate my memory so I'll forget Arendelle and never return to keep it safe.

Then if I wasn't the cause of the fear before, that must mean... 

"The fearlings never left." I blurted out. I turned to Grand Pabbie who simply nodded, worry evident in his eyes. "But why are they being active now? What's causing the fear?"

Everyone with us were visibly confused. It seems me and Grand Pabbie are the only ones actually included in the conversation.

"Um, sorry to interrupt but what are fearlings?" Queen Anna asked.

"it was the shadow thing from earlier. The one in my memory. That's what they're called." I explained. "They feed on children's fears. No one really knows where they came from but as far as I know they've been here for a long time."

"They feed on fears?" Elsa looked at me horrified. 

"Well children's fears. Like their nightmares." I explained but that didn't really seem to help at all. "But don't worry, the Guardians took care of them before."

"The one from your story? Those Guardians?" Queen Anna asked. I nodded my head. 

I looked over at Elsa who looked worried as ever. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked. Anna instantly ran over to her and sat beside Elsa. She gave her sister a worried look before turning to Grand Pabbie.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." Elsa said as she stood up.

"Your majesty, if I may add. You are stronger than your fears." Grand Pabbie told Elsa making her smile.

"Thank you." She said.

***

As we went our way to Arendelle's castle, I explained what I knew about the Fearlings to them. How the Guardians once defeated them and who can possibly help us. I suggested that I'll go find the Guardians to get help from them but without knowing when the Fearlings might strike, going might cause a bigger problem.

Everyone in Arendelle was called over for a the announcement about the current situation of the kingdom. In a short amount of time, people who can see me grew in number. It wasn't the situation I thought will be the time I'll be introduced but it was better than nothing.

I got the usual reactions that seem to be the only thing people associate me with now, my ability to fly, which isn't even entirely my ability since the wind spirit is the one that helps me do it.

I guess the fact that their former queen had the ability to manipulate ice and snow, knowing another spirit that can do the same won't be much of a shocker to the people.

As they explained what we knew about the fearlings to the people, a thought then crossed my mind. A fact that I forgot earlier.

"Elsa, I think we need the people to stay here." I told her with urgency in my tone.

"Why? What's wrong?" She asked me.

"The kids, they are in great danger." I told her.

"Yes, we know." Elsa's eyebrows furrowed. "That's why we gathered them here, to tell them about the danger."

"No, I mean if they are out there they are in much greater danger." I said.

"What?" Elsa's looked at me confused. Anna noticed us talking and joined in on the conversation. 

"What's wrong?" She asked. "Did I forget to say something in my speech? What did I forget?"

"No it wasn't you who forgot to say something. It was me." I said.

I paused, trying to calm myself. "You see, the fearlings are actually the children." 

"What?" The two sisters asked in unison.

"Someone is transforming children into fearlings."