𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝

ELSA
°

It was odd. I don't know if it's the fact that we are facing danger I have never really experienced before or something else but all I know is that I feel like I'm on the edge.

All my life the battle I've been facing was with myself mostly but now, now we have a real threat to fight and I don't know if I'm ready to face that threat.

"Elsa." Jack called out before entering my tent.

And there's also this.

"Bruni just lead me to this cave and I just found something that-" he paused. "Are you okay?"

"What? Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." I said. "Why'd you ask?"

He walked towards me. "You don't look fine to me."

Be still my heart.

"Your face is red, do you have a fever?" He touched my forehead with the back of his arm. "Okay, honestly I can't tell if it's really heat or it's just because my hands are normally cold."

I laughed. "I'm fine, I just feel like it's a little... hot in this tent. Let's go outside." I said heading out as soon as I can.

Sure Elsa, hot inside your tent? It's mostly ice, I'm sure it's hot.

I was immediately greeted by Honeymaren as soon as I got out. "Hey are you-"

"I'm fine, it's okay." I said before Honeymaren could finish.

Soon enough Jack went out as well, Honeymaren then waved at him.

"Oh you saw her already. Alright then, I should head back to work and look after the kids. Make sure to stay safe and be back for dinner okay?" Honeymaren said and walked away from us.

"Right. I'll make sure no harm comes to her." Jack waved goodbye to Honeymaren.

"Don't forget yourself." She laughed from a distance.

Jack laughed along. "I won't." He replied.

Huh, they get along surprisingly well. Who would've thought?

"So anyway, as I was saying earlier." Jack turned to me with an excited face. I nearly forgot he was saying something earlier. Nearly.

"Bruni lead me to a cave that was so odd. Like it was all sorts of magical. I tried to get the Earth Giants to check them out but they were sort of too big and couldn't really get in the cave." Jack explained.

"Magical cave?" I raised an eyebrow.

He nodded his head. "The walls, they had this odd paintings in them. It wasn't like old cavemen paintings but they looked more like magic scripts and-"

"Where is this cave?" I asked instantly.

"Not far from here, I could take you there swiftly." Jack said. "I mean, the wind can but you get my point."

"You think this has to do with the fearlings?" I asked.

"Yes and if we go there maybe we could-" I felt him grab my hand. I pulled away unknowingly. "Oh sorry, I-"

"If it's not far from here we should get the people to move right away." I said running towards the heart of our village. But before I could go farther I felt my hand be grabbed once more.

"Wait, Elsa we don't know if it's really the fearlings yet. Besides where are the Northuldrans going to move now? It's winter and moving might not be the best thing to do right now?" Jack said.

"Well moving somewhere safer is the best thing to do right now. I can't take any risks." I said. "I am the protector of this forest and I have to-"