𝚒 𝚊𝚖 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍

Where the north wind meets the sea
There's a river
Full of memory

Come, my darling, homeward bound

E L S A 
°

Immortality has its upsides and downsides. I learned that the hard way. 

"Where do I start?" I turned to Jack.

"Maybe start how all of this is possible? Is it really you? Am I dreaming? Is this an illusion?" Jack began bombarding his questions.

I laughed. "It's really me Jack, don't worry. I'm as real as I can be." I assured him.

"Since when? How long have you been... like this? And how did you even achieve this?" He looked at me with fascination.

"It's a fifth spirit thing I guess?" I shrugged. 

It was more my choice but I think that's another explanation I'd tell him later.

"You become immortal for being the fifth spirit?" He raised an eyebrow. "Then that means Anna is also-"

"No. That's not... it wasn't how that worked." I looked away.

"Oh." He paused. "Sorry, I still don't know how the spirits work here I guess." He scratched the back of his neck.

Immortality has its upsides and downsides. The upside was I get to be with my loved one longer. The downside is that I get to outlive them.

"It's... okay. I'm over it now. I think." I said. "It has been more than a couple of years after all."

Jack simply reach out his hand to hold minr. I muttered a thank you as I intertwined our fingers.

"So I'm guessing Grand Pabbie help with the whole immortal thing?" Jack asked.

"The trolls were a huge help, yes. But ultimately I think it was more the power of Ahtohallan." I said looking up.

Then I turned to Jack. "Which reminds me, you got my letter right?"

"Letter?" He looked at me confused.

"The one I left at Ahtohallan." I clarified.

His eyes widened in realization and nodded right away. He used his other hand to reach down the pocket of his hoodie and showed the letter to me.

I laughed. "I'm glad you actually got it then." I said, taking the paper from his hand.

"By the way, I like your new outfit. Very... modern looking." I commented.

"Speak for yourself, I never thought I'd see you on something other than formal wear." He said gesturing to me.

I giggled a bit. "I did draw inspiration from tourists around here." I said, flaunting my sneakers. "They're quite comfortable." I added.

"I like how we sort of match with the long sleeve. Though I guess yours is more skin tight than mine." Jack said.

"Well it's something I'm used to having I guess." I shrugged. "Anyway, how was your... years? centuries? How did that go for you? What did the winter spirit do while on his solo adventures?" I asked, to direct attention to him this time. I am quite curious how he was back then.

"Oh, I have exciting news actually." Jack faced me, his eyes gleaming in with excitement.

"Really? And what is that?" I asked.