School (Marina)

•I know it says Marina but it's just Maya enjoy :))•

"Mason come on let's go!" Maya yelled through the house to get the teenage boy to come out of his room. "Mason!" She yelled again. He quickly woke up. Confused on why his mother was yelling. He checked his phone that sat there next to his pillow on his bed. "Oh shit!" He scurried out of bed.  The clock read 7:50 and he knew that school started at 8:00, and that his mom needed to be at the station by 8:05. He found the first pair of pants he could find that was on his floor. "Oh well." He said. The boy quickly found a shirt and then grabbed his phone and backpack and ran out of his room.

"I'm here!" He said. Maya looked at him with that one motherly look and then sighed. Knowing that her son over slept again. "If you can't wake up on time, then I'm going to start taking your phone at night." Mason looked up from putting his shoes on. His mouth dropped to the floor. "How is that fair?" He said. "I didn't even do anything."
"If you keep waking up this late then I would have no choice. Now hurry up and put your shoes on and come outside." She said walking out the front door.

"Mason! What's up dude!" His best friend Aiden said as he walked through the courtyard. Mason greeted his friends and then they went off to do their own thing. Sitting on the brick ledge, joking around. "Hey I'm gonna go get breakfast. Yall coming?" He said getting up, stretching. His friends all said 'no' so then he walked off to the cafeteria.

When he got there, his bestfriend Amelia was sitting there with her friends. He smiled a bit when he saw her. Mason has always had a crush on Amelia but he was always to afraid to say anything without ruining their friendship. A lot of people in the school always said that they needed to start dating but they always denied it. Even though he secretly wanted it to be true.

"Hey Amy." He said as he sat down next to her. She finished her statement and then turned her attention to him.
"Hey Mace. What's up?" She said. Mason tried so hard to hide the blushing in his cheeks. Biting the inside of his cheek to stop himself from smiling like some type of idiot.
"Nothin much." He said taking a sip of his apple juice. Amelia turned her attention back to her friends and Mason joined in on their conversation.

As the bell rung for first hour to begin, Mason quickly ran into his class room before the teacher got there. Or so he thought. "Mason nice for you to join us." He said.
"Hello Mr. John." He said sarcastically.
"That's your fifth tardy Mr. Bishop."
"Let me guess detention?"
"Yes sir Mr. Bishop. I'll write it up and then you'll be called to the office next period. Start coming to class on time. Thank you sir." He said. Mason groaned and then went and sat in his seat. This was gonna be a long class.

"Captain Bishop speaking." Maya said as she answered the phone. At the start of the sentence of the office lady, Maya clearly knew who was talking about and what they were talking about. "When does it start?...Ok thank you...Good bye." And then she hung up the phone. Resting her head in her hands, using her elbows to prop herself up.
"You good Capt?" Andy said as she walked into the captain's office, to bother her friend for the 65474 time if the day.
"Mason has detention. Starting tomorrow."
"Oh, tough luck for him. Well I just wanted to come and tell you that lunch was ready in the beanery."
"I'll be there in a minute." She said and then Andy left. Making Maya lean back in her chair and spin around a couple times.

As the bell rung to left the students know that third hour was up, everyone had ran off to lunch. By everyone we mean the freshman's and the sophomores. "Freshies." Mason mumbled under his breath as he dodged all the running kids. "Amelia!" He sad calling her name out in the hallway. She turned her attention to him and smiled. "Hey Mace."
"I was wondering what you was getting for lunch."
"I brought my lunch actually."
"Oh. Well do you want anything from the snack bar? My treat."
"I was actually gonna get some fro-yo today."
"I'll pay for it. If you don't mind."
"I don't mind Mace at all. Thank you."
"Anytime. We should get to class though." He chuckled. Amelia nodded and then left, with Mason trailing behind her.