Deaf pt.2

Mason walked back upstairs to meet his two sisters, conversing amongst each other. "Is she ok?" he said with anger still lingering in his voice. "Says she is."

Maya laid back in the bed, feet propped up against her wall. Her mind was flooded with overwhelming thoughts. Trying to escape her feelings about her parents but yet looking for that safe outlook she found in Stefania earlier. Maya put her feet down and reached over to grab her phone but soon putting it back down. The person she wanted to text, she forgot to get her number. Maya groaned and threw herself back on the bed.

"What?" Paisley asked.
"I'm a freaking idiot."
"No you're not."
"whatever."
"Maya..."
"Leave please."

Her siblings followed her orders and closed the door behind them as they left. Maya broke down in tears. Tears from the pain her head caused her, tears from the pain her parents caused her, just tears from everything.

::::::::::::::::::

The next morning there was a lingering storm of emotions around the home. Paisley came into her sisters room and tapped her softly on the shoulder. Maya groaned and pulled the blankets over her face. "No sleepy head." the older blonde chuckled. Paisley pulled the blanket down again and Maya's eyes opened slowly. "Don't you wanna see your girlfriend?" she signed and Mayas eyes went wide.
"She's not my girlfriend."
"Sure and i'm straight."
"Go!"
"Hurry up we have like 30 minutes left."

Making her way downstairs to the kitchen, there was no one there except for the other kids of the household. They were chatting and eating breakfast at the table when she came and sat down. Mason out his hand under her face and turned it towards him so it was facing her. "You need to bandage this Pais." 
"I will."
Maya jerked her head away and just sat there at the table. Hot, fuming tears threatened to fall.

Walking into the crowds at school, Maya felt everyone staring at her. Even though that wasn't the case at all. She felt like she was even more a freak now with the giant purple and blue spot on her face. Maya put her hood on and walked to her locker with her head down.

Upon walking to her locker a certain tall brunette was there waiting for her. Maya knew who it was but she also knew that if she looked up at her then there would be questions followed by tears but it would also bring comfort to her certain situation. Without question Maya just clung onto the Italian and silently cried into her arms. Stefania was taken by surprise from her actions but then immediately knew what to do as she had seen this multiple times in her life.

"shh you're ok." she mumbled lightly and stroked her back. The bathroom was right across the hall so she pulled the upset blonde into there. Checking the stalls for other unimportant people and once it was clear she went back and locked the door. Stefania went back over to the girl who was standing in the corner and once again she clung onto her like a sloth to a tree.

"What happened?"she signed and Maya just shook her head no. "please?" and once again she got a no. "you'll be ok." she assured. "you will." Then the late bell rung but Stefania didn't care about being tardy. The only thing she had on her mind was the blonde in front of her. Then there was a knock on the door. "Stefania? It's Paisley, Maya's sister."

They unhinged themselves from each other and she went to unlock the door. "Is she ok? I saw you guys walk in here earlier but I wanted to wait until the halls were clear before I came."
"She just keeps clingy onto me and crying but I can't get her to tell me what's wrong. Do you know what happened?"
"A lot. Not good things."
"Can I know?"
Paisley sighed before she started her sentence. "MayagothitbyavaseyesterdaybyourmombecausesheslikeveryabusiveattimesbutthisonewasanaccidentandthenhellbrokeloseinourhouseandIthinkitstakingatollonMaya."
Stefania stood there shocked but yet somehow understood every single word perfectly.
"I...I have no words."
"Good."

::::::::::::::::::

The quiet girl sat in the library once again during lunch. The far corner, out of sight, no where to be seen. Her mini bag of graham crackers on one side and a good book on the other. She never took her hood off and she sat legs folded in the chair. The polka dot on her face grew a tiny bit bigger and the color darkened a bunch. Some kids found out about it and there was a guarantee that there was some type of rumor going around but she didn't care.

Just then the chair beside her shifted back and another body came to sit down. Maya took a quick glance up and just her luck, it was the person she had on her mind. "How are you?" Maya shrugged and moved the bag of treats over for the other girl to place her tray down. Stefania guided her hand under Maya's chin to pull her head up. She examined the sore spot and placed a sweet simple peck on the opposite side of the face. 'Thank you'  Maya mouthed and her cheeks burst into flames.

Stefania giggled and continued to eat her lunch. Maya went back into reading the book that sat in front of her. Stef pushed over her tray quietly and as smoothly as she could for the blonde girl to notice. Maya looked to the side and then up at her and then shook her head lightly.

Stef made that face at her and instantly she felt defeated. Maya grabbed about three fries  from the tray and ate them. Stefania shrugged and Maya burst into laughter. "I'm not really that hungry." she signed. Stefania nodded and then rested her head on the blondes shoulder, sneaking little kisses any chance she could.