Night After Night (Marina)

Jaci sat in her bed scrolling through her phone as she listened to her parents argue against for the 3rd night in a row. Tonight she had actually shut her door, trying to keep the sounds out. But it seemed like it only made it louder. They had been arguing almost every night now. About what? There was no telling. Jaci tried her best to stay out her mother's business, as she had learned from previous groundings.

"Come in!" She said as she answered the knock on the door. The younger girl walked into her sisters room. Well not sister yet, but it was close. "Shut the door please." Jaci said. The little girl walked back and shut the door then crawled upon her sisters bed. "What's wrong Belle?"
"Their arguing again." She mumbled. Jaci sighed as she knew that the 10 year old would be scared and from her previous family it most likely brought back memories. She mentally prepared herself for tonight as she knew the 10 year old would most likely not be able to sleep alone. "Belle it's gonna be ok."

Isabelle or Belle as Jaci called her was soon to be apart of Maya and Carinas family. She started out just like Jaci, as a foster and then adopted. Jaci was around the same age when she was brought in. Around the age of 8 or 9. Jaci now being 17 was with them for 8 almost 9 years now. Belle only being in their care for about 1.
"What if their mad about me?" Belle said. Pulling at her locks of strawberry blonde hair. Which was something she did when she was anxious and her mind was running 100 miles per hour.

"Their not mad at you Belle." Jaci assured her. Slowly guiding her hands away from her head.
"But they've been arguing since last week."
"Really?"
"Yea. It started when they got the court date for me."
"Belle I can promise you it's not about you. You don't do anything wrong ok?"
"Can I sleep with you J?"
"Yea. You can."

Belle got up and quickly ran to her room to grab her blankets and her pillow. She came back and shut the door and crawled into the bed with the older girl. The both of them decided to watch a movie. It was around 2 in the morning when the couple had finally decided to go to bed. They had been yelling in intervals. On and off again. Jaci looked down at her sister and sighed. She turned off the tv and her LED lights before she fell asleep herself.

"Their doing it again!" Bella said as she ran into Jacis room the next night. Tonight Jaci was with her girlfriend Kasey so when Belle saw the two of them sitting on the bed cuddled up she quickly apologized.
"I'm sorry. I forgot Kas was coming over. I- um, I'll leave."
"No Belle come here!"  Kas called out. Kas always treated Belle like her own little sister. Kasey had also been apart of the foster system so she knew what it felt like in situations like these.
"Look their not mad at you ok. I can guarantee that ok. It's probably about work or something. Don't get stressed out ok?"
"Ok." Belle whispered.

A/N: I lost inspiration for this oneshot so that's why it's short. I'll probably continue it later though. :)) enjoy your day/ night- Shay :))