Senior Night (Marina)

"Ma'am you can't run back in the building it's unstable!" The captain said running in front of the lady to stop her from approaching the burning house.
"But my son! My son is in there!" She yelled. Tears running out her eyes. Eyes puffy and red from crying. Bandaged up from the aid car. She had been hurt pretty bad it seemed.

Maya knew that going back into that building would be unsafe. But she couldn't bear the pain of the worried mother. If there was one thing that she promised in her life and with this job is that kids always matter to her. As her dad didn't treat her like one. She looked back as the building and the back at the lady.

"Your son?! We were told no one else was in there. What's his name?"
"Aaron. Please you have to save him! He's a nice boy. A good student."
"How old is he?"
"14."
"Ok ma'am we'll get him."
"Thank you so very much."
"Anytime now go to an aid car so they can continue to help you."

The lady nodded and then walked back to the aid car. Looking back at Maya after every other steps. But they weren't nice looks. They were more like, evil looks. Which made Maya very nervous.

"Maya what are you doing? You can't go in that building." Andy said as Maya geared up.
"That boy or someone is in that building and I need to get him. That lady over there doesn't look to happy about this. And I feel like she left him there on purpose."
"But Maya..."
"Watch me." She said and then took off running. Andy was calling her name but Maya didn't care. Her only focus was getting the boy.

"Aaron!" She yelled. Her vision was low. It was black smoke everywhere. You could smell the gas that had started the fire. There were pieces of the building that were falling. Maya dodged almost all of them. There was one that struck her in her back. She winced in pain from the contact but her turnovers protected her from. To keep the piece of hot wood from hitting her direct skin.
"Aaron!" She called out into the smoke.
"Captain you need to get out of there. The building is about to give out!" Jack called from over the radio.

Maya just rolled her eyes and continued her search. "Aaron! Aaron if you hear me, call out so I can find you!" She heard a cough from upstairs so she quickly ran off. "Aaron! Are you Aaron?"
"Yes, I'm Aaron." He managed to get out. He was trapped behind the wooden door. "But you can go. I deserve to stay here." He said again.
"Aaron no! Your mom is wor-"
"SHES NOT MY MOM!" He yelled.
"Ok ok. Calm down. I'm Maya." She said starting to introduce herself. "I'm the captain of station 19." Maya started pulling at the door handle. It wasn't any type of door handle she had seen before.
"And I'm gonna get you out of here."
"No your gonna leave me like the others!"
"No I'm not Aaron you have to believe me. Can you trust me?"
"Fine." He said sternly.
"I need you to back away from door."
"Ok!"
Maya lifted her leg and then kicked at the weak door. It instantly gave out so now she had a clear view of the room. Just the she felt the boy try to run past her. But not to safety but to another part of the house. Maya grabbed the figure and rushed down the stairs. As soon as the both of them saw the daylight again the building behind them gave out.

"Aaron! O my gosh, are you ok?" That same lady fro earlier said as she ran towards them. By now Vic and Travis were assisting them with aid care.
"Yes I'm fine." He said sarcastically, removing the mask.
"No you keep that on." Vic motioned and brought the mask back up to the boys face.
"Well don't ever do that again! You hear me?!" She yelled. Bringing her hand up and swinging it across his face. Making him scream in pain from the burns.
"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Maya screamed out. "You were the one who locked him in that room!"
"You simply have no proof of that." She said. "Aaron may be a good kid but he's known for dangerous stuff. Such a trouble maker."