We'll be Ok (Marina)

•spoilers!!!
•a continuation from 6x06

After coming back from a very horrific call Maya limped her way through the fire house and into the locker room. It was obvious how much pain she was in. Andy noticed it when they were at the call and took over her duty to give her fire mate a little of a rest but with the added weight of her gear as well as her body it was no use. Maya's face flustered with red and confusion in the room as she quickly changed to go for an unneeded run. After being told off Andy knew there was no use in trying to reason with the blonde, all she could hope for was for her to be safe.

Maya entered the gym and just like she predicted it was fairly empty just how she wanted it. Of course her first stop was to the treadmill. It was always the treadmill. Maya's ankle ached as though it was sending a message. "Please take a rest." is most likely what it'd say but in true fashion she quickly ignored her body talk and went onto the machine. She started off at a low speed, just a warm up she'll normally say. As she was in the process of warming up it killed her to put all that weight on herself. Eventually she had to come to a stop for a second and give it a rest but that wasn't like her. If she could run in the Olympics on a sprained ankle then surely she could do the same right now. She was taught to push through the pain and that's what she did. Maya turned the speed up just a little bit higher and then ran until she couldn't run any more, which is exactly what she did.

The blonde was exhausted mentally and physically. Between dealing with her wife and pregnancy and trying to fix her mistakes at the station her body would give out eventually and soon enough it did. Maya's body dropped on the treadmill and went flying off onto the floor painfully hard. She had pushed herself to the maximum limit, blood poured from her head and her unconscious body breathing got slower and slower until her breath was barely heard. A group of firefighters who were just called out on a call all ran past the blonde who lay unconscious on the floor and all went down to get their gear on and onto the trucks. Andy looked up to hopefully see the blonde sliding down the pole. "Herrera!" Beckett called out. "Let's go!"
"But Bish-" she tried to reason with him and obviously he did care and to not get in trouble she just followed directions. Andy knew something was wrong she felt it in her gut and all she wanted was for that blonde to be ok.

Meanwhile Carina was with Bailey and Jo as it was the grand opening of the Elena Bailey Clinic. Carina knew how much this meant to Bailey and she didn't want to miss out on such a memorable thing. Due to the lightning storm happening no one really showed up though but that didn't bother them. Link was there as an accomplice to Jo but to also capture the moment.

Soon after that ribbon was cut Carina looked down at her phone. The three typing bubbles still appeared under Maya's contact in her messages and it had been for the last 45 minutes. Carina was worried that whatever message she was typing was going to be a painful one but little did she know.

The Italian started to bite the inside of her cheek from the nerves that built in her body but didn't want to show it to her companions. "Champagne?" Jo offered as she saw her friend standing alone in the far corner.
"Hm, si." She let out a forced chuckle. Jo wanted to ask her friend if everything was ok but she already knew a lot of what was going on with the Italian. The comfortable silence between them brought a smile to Carina's face but deep down she was still nervous.

Back at the station Ben had stayed around this time to relieve the person on desk duty and to help Vic continue to put away the stuff she used from the girls camp. Ben went upstairs to put something back but at glimpse he saw the body on the floor. "Bishop?" He questioned himself. Slowly walking into the gym he saw her laying on the floor. "Bishop!"

Ben ran over to her and rolled limp body over. Maya's face was heavily bruised and friction burns were plastered all over her body. Her leggings had holes in them, her knees were bleeding badly, and there were gashes all over her forehead. Ben used his medical tactics to see if she had any type of pulse and it was barely there. Luckily he had his walkie talkie on him and used it to tell anyone who was listening. "Station 19, an aid car is needed ASAP! Firefighter down. Shallow breath, lacerations to forehead and is in need of critical care." Vic heard him on the walkie downstairs and quickly ran upstairs to meet him in the gym. As soon as she saw who it was Vic's breath quickly escaped from body. Seeing her friend like that instantly made her emotions go all over the place. Ben realized how she was going to react and used that to help her calm down. "Huges it's ok. She'll be ok."