The Lead Role (Danielle x Y/N)

Y/n= your name
Y/l/n= your last name

Y/N POV

"Alright students! Let's get to it!" Mr. Williams called out. My all time favorite drama teacher. Well my only drama teacher. I've been apart of his drama class for 4 years now, since freshman year and been apart of the club for pretty much the same timeframe. One thing person tend to get confused is with class and club. Not the same thing people!

You can be apart of the class and not be in club. And vice versa. Today was the first rehearsal for our senior play this year and I was so excited. Can you guess what play we're doing? Drum roll please. That's right A Midsummer Night's Dream. Probably one of the hardest ones we've done yet. And because it's a Shakespeare play, anyone can play any role. That means boys with girl roles or girl with boys roles. Overall there are about 21 roles of this play. And my goal is to get Puck, the lead of course.

I have studied this play left and right, up and down. From the back of my hand to the front. I think I got this. Wait, I know I got this. And plus Mr. Williams loves me. He always saw how hard I worked so I would really hope to get this part. But the one person I had to look out for was her. Danielle Savre. I might have a slight crush on her but that's not the point. The point is that she is an amazing actress. Like I can't even describe it.

The amount of times I've either came her understudy or I just got the second lead role because of her. This time I knew I had it.

Mr. Williams started to go with additions. In order of how you signed up. I was the fifth on the list so I had a little time to rerun the lines in my head.
"Can you please stop worrying?" My best friends. Mia, Ari, and Lucy. They supported me through everything and of course I supposed them with their stuff.

Mia was a basketball player. Probably the best on our team. I always came to their games. Never missed one of them. Well expect in 10th grade 'cause we had our big play on the exact same day. Of course I wanted to back out but I had worked hard on that play. But I made it it up to them because we want out for fro-yo afterwards. Also Mia uses they/them pronouns people! Get it right!

Moving on. Ari, she was a math nerd or was at her art shows. When I say this girl is obsessed with marvel anything. She is. But don't underestimate her. Ari's comics that she draws are way better than the original. Like I could never have that talent. I don't see how she does it. Anytime I hear there's an art show coming up I always ask if she's gonna be in it. And her response is always "of course. Is that even a question?" My bad bestie, just wanted to know.

Now there's Lucy. Or Lu or Goose. She may seem like the quiet kid in the back of the class room but nope. That's a lie. A huge lie. Not saying she talked a lot but she did talk. Lucy wasn't always talking though but she did talk.

"I want this lease part so I had to kind of worry you know." I said back. The three of them came and sat next to me. Just then Danielle walked in. Surprised she didn't have her minions with her. Well not really her minions but they followed her everywhere. And you could tell she was annoyed with them.

"Break a leg Y/N." She said and patted me on my shoulder as she walked by. Why did this have to be an open audition?
"You too Dani." I smiled. My cheeks were red. I could feel it. Yay.

"Y/N Y/L/N!" Mr. Williams called out. Already? I'm fifth on the list. We just started two seconds ago.
"Mr. Williams?" I asked as I walked towards the stage. "What happened to everyone else?"
"Oh, you'll know soon. Come on Y/N. I know you can do it. Don't b nervous."

Easy for him to say. I took a deep breath and walked up on the stage. Staring out into the crowd. Why was I nervous? I've never been nervous auditioning before.
"Y/N! You got this!" Mia yelled out. Yea buddy thanks.