chapter 14: meet Alex

After my run away to Alabama, I went up the steps to my house and into my bed room. When I started to get settled, my phone rings. I looked to see it's none other than Chris calling.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~

"Hmm where's the stupid tomatoes in this grocery store?!"

"Maria?"

       As soon as I turned around I find Dylan. Of course, talk about awkward....

"Yeah...hey."

"Umm hey what are you doing here?"

"Oh umm looking for the tomatoes."

       He just chuckled.

"Same old Maria. And they're in al-"

       Before he could finish he's sentence we heard gun shots. And automatically I duck and covered. Well Dylan pulled me down and covered me with his body just in case. And don't get me started on my meltdown. I mean the last time I heard a guns going off, was in my family restaurant.

"Aww look at the cute little couple."

       I looked up to see 2 guys a few feet away from me and Dylan. The other guy just chuckled in oh-I'm-going-to-enjoy-this. And to tell you the truth. I want to pee in my pants right now.

"Get the girl."

"What?! No!"

"Move before I'll kill you."

"I don't care. You have to go through me before you can even think about laying a hand on her!"

"Oh that'll be easy."

"Over my dead body."

"That can be a range."

"Wha-"

       And before I knew it Dylan got shot.

"Dylan!"

       I said getting up and running to him.

"Honey, you next."

       Next thing I knew I heard a click of the gun, and fired.

       And that's when I woke up in sweat. I looked around to see that I'm in my room. And it's raining, with lighting.

"It was just a nightmare. But why now am I getting them?"

*BOOM*

       And with that I screamed. Hid under the covers like a scaredy cat. I took a deep breath and remove the covers.

"God I miss them."

       As soon as I took a deep breath, my phone rang. I looked at the caller to see its an unknown number.

"Hello?"

       I said getting scared. I know what you're thinking. Why would you answer the phone! A.) It's raining. B.) It's an unknown number. C.) You just had a nightmare over the 2 guys that killed my parents. Well that's the thing. I wasn't thinking.

"Is this Ms. Martin?"

"It depends on who's speaking."

"That's understandable Ms. Martin. Anyway have you ever heard of Alex Martin? Your sister?"

       I just laughed.

"Okay you got me. Who set this up? Was it Nick or was it Skylar? I know they are prankster and all...but seriously? Pretending that I have a long lost sister? Ha okay..yeah whatever."