chapter 21: the hospital and the blame

Ow why does my whole body hurt? I tried to open up my eyes but they wouldn't budge. So I tried to open up my eyes again to find myself in a hospital bed with machines connection to me. I tried moving on my side than all I see the Drew family running all around my bed. Than I just remembered what happened.

"Alex! Where's Alex?!"

"She's fine honey. She on the 3rd floor of the hospital."

"Is she okay?"

"She'll be fine soon."

"Soon? What do you mean soon Christina?"

"Maria...she's still hasn't woken up yet."

"What?!"

I can't take this anymore, I need to she her! She's my little sister! I was suppose to protect her from any harm! I'm a bad sister and look where we are, in a freaking hospital. And with that thought I start to take the needles out of me and started to get out of the bed, but to be stopped by Chris and James.

"Yeah-no, you're not leaving this bed."

"I don't care what you say James, my sister needs me!"

"She'll be fine, you just need to get some rest."

"No! For God's sake all I want is to see my freaking sister!"

All the Drew family just looked at me in shock. I just growled like a dog.

"I-want-to-see-my-sister..."

Oliver just sighed.

"Maria you can't see her."

"Why?!"

"Because the doctors are operating on her."

"What do you mean?"

"She lost a lot of blood, so they're trying to doing a blood transplant."

"What?"

"Yeah...so that's why you can't see her."

       My eyes started to water. Oh my god, why...why couldn't it be me?!

"Wait...what do you mean trying?"

"Well she needs someone to give her blood."

"What about me?"

"We don't know your blood type."

"So get me tested, I need to save her!"

"Okay I'll go get the doctor."

       Oliver said walking out of the hospital room.

"Okay."

       And with that Oliver left. So after that, everyone started to live. Probably to go home and rest or something. After they left a doctor came in and tested my blood with James behind him. After the doctor took a pint of blood he left. James just stood there with a hint of dullness in he's eyes. He got up after 5 minutes and started to leave. I didn't want him to go.

"James."

"Yeah?"

"Ca-can you stay."

"Of course."

He said making his way to the bed. I patted a space next to me for him to lay down next to me. I miss James. Not seeing him a lot around the house makes me sad. Especially that his in college.

When he went to lay next to me he was nervous. I wonder why? But I didn't care. When he started to wrap his arms around me, than my heart skipped a beat. Do I? No it can't be, maybe it's just the stupid medicine, right? Hopefully...