Chapter 6: Beetlejuice and Jefferson

"Why does everybody keep leaving me?!" Beetlejuice screamed. While he mourned the destruction of his plan the Maitlands slipped through the portal, closing it behind. He was naturally an emotionally unstable individual and he wasn't particularly considering his part in the mess when he decided to kill everyone "Alright, new plan. You're all going to die today!" But before he could, the door swung open by itself and he was suddenly yanked through to the relief of Delia, Charles, and Otho.

"Fuck" Beetlejuice landed hard on the ground outside a tall building. His messy suit and unusually coloured hair caused people passing by to stare. He simply stared back and they uncomfortably rushed off as soon as possible. "Damn portal" he grumbled as he stood up, not bothering to fix his suit. It was then he realized that he was outside and there were no sandworms to be seen. He checked himself over to find he was still dead but seemingly safe. He supposed the sandworms wherever he was were just lazy. Just then a man bumped into him from behind and he quickly turned on him, hair flashing red for a second.

"Please move" Said a tall man in a magenta ensemble with fabulous hair.

"Hey sexy" Beetlejuice laughed and stayed put. The other man seemed unsure of what to do so he stood his ground as well. They faced off for a second before the man, who was dark skinned, held out a hand. Beetlejuice cautiously shook it and grinned a little at the other man's discomfort at the touch. "You mind telling me where I am babe?"

"France. Now could I get by? I'm quite important you know. I could have you imprisoned."

"French are we?"

"I wish" The man grimaced. "Who even are you? Why is your hair green?"

"You sound like my mom" Beetlejuice muttered under his breath.

"What was that?"

"I can't tell you who I am. Charades always works."

"What works?"

"Whatever. Type of bug, type of drink."

The man in magenta listed words for about five minutes before finally saying "Beetlejuice?"

"Wow I'm impressed."

"I bet you say that to all the boys" The other man snorted. "I'm Thomas Jefferson"

"Are you now?"

"Last I checked"

"And what year is it?"

"1774."

"Hades fucked up again. Of course."

"Who fucked what up?"

"Never mind. You got cocaine in 18th century France?"

Jefferson grinned "How else would I get high with the French?"

Beetlejuice grabbed the other man by the shoulders and walked him into the nearest pub where they very quickly became friends. Little did Hades know this would be the biggest affect of the displacement, and that Beetlejuice was ready to cause chaos to the unsuspecting population of 18th century France.

-Written by Juniper-