Chapter 14: Lydia and Hades

Lydia woke up in the uncomfortable chair, dazed. It took her a moment to find her balance as she stood up and remembered the past day. Hades was pacing in the next room seeming unsure of what to do, so she made a small coughing noise to alert him to her status as awake.

"Hello" He nodded awkwardly.

"Hey." Lydia ran her fingers through her short black hair, the curled edges a mess. "Where'd you go?" She stepped toward him.

"Out." Lydia was a little annoyed with the answer, but after her Dad and Delia she was used to people keeping information hidden from her.

"You have no idea what to do with a teenage girl do you." Lydia stated rather than questioned the tall white haired god. He looked ready to respond but shut his mouth. "Look, just get me back to Adam and Barbara and I'll be happy." She wasn't particularly excited to a reunion with any of her other quote unquote family.

"Then we must be going." And he walked out.

"Can't we teleport or anything cool? Cause BJ could do that kind of stuff!" She called after him.

"Not with you I can't" And she had to admit to herself that made a certain amount of sense as she left, following him once more.

After an hour or so of walking Lydia was regretting her choice in shoes. They were attractive but very heavy and were hurting her feet as they slowed to yet another stop near an old wharf. There were many large boats floating and rocking in the clear water. Hades led her to one of the smaller ones, but still large enough to fit a dozen passengers, and she carefully stepped up the ramp to the ship. Lydia wobbled as is rocked with a sudden wave but Hades grabbed her arm and firmly caught her before she could tip over and into the sea.

"Thanks" She mumbled "I hear there are some pretty freaky fish in there."

"Yes, quite." He dismissed smoothly in his purring tone.

Lydia managed to get herself onto the boat without another misstep or accident. The boat didn't look particularly safe to her, but the workers seemed to know what they were doing and that soothed her nerves. She didn't have much experience with boats. Her father was always too busy to take her anywhere she would get to ride a boat, and her mother had died before they could take any big trips together. The soft rock of the boat made her stomach flip and she looked a bit queasy as she was led to a small cabin with a hard looking bed and a sparse closet and bookshelf. A tray with hard bread and various fruits sat on a sad looking desk, the fruits rolling gently with the boat.

"Keep out of trouble" Hades spoke calmly, "We will reach the states in a week or so."

"Isn't that pretty inaccurate for the time period? Isn't this the part where you say it's going to take six to eight weeks?"

"I have my ways" He shut the door behind him leaving her in the cramped room. Another bout of nausea left her laying on the bed clutching her stomach. It was going to be a long week for Lydia Deetz.

-Written by Juniper-