20

choi eunji

ugh last night really made my body hurt.

carrying yeosang made my shoulders and back really sore, and he didn't even thanked me?

while walking inside our school, i could see my fellow students glancing at me, then whispering.

huh, seems like they're gossiping about me.

why tho?

i heeded them no mind as i walked to our classroom, which is worse.

everyone stopped with what they were doing as soon as they saw me enter the room.

i saw my friend ryujin on her seat, so i immediately sat beside her and asked her what the gossip is about.

"someone said you worked in a night club."

ny eyes widened and i looked at everyone around me who kept giving me the stink-eye.

as i was about to deny, i heard aisha laughing behind me, "don't you dare deny it, choi eunji."

i gulped, "what proof do you have?"

"oh, plenty."

she proceeds to shove her phone to my face, showing me a picture of me serving guys.

"i-i..."

"don't tell me the girl in this picture isn't you? hmm i even called the manager of the club, and they confirmed, it is you." aisha kept digging deeper and deeper.

as i was about to give out my reason, the school speaker blasted out my name, "choi eunji, please proceed to the principal's office later in the afternoon."

ryujin patted my shoulder, "it'll be okay, i know you have a reason for this. for now, let's study hard."

i gulped once again and nodded, sitting on my usual seat and sighing.

---

it was now 3pm in the afternoon, so i mentally prepared myself to face whatever doom is waiting for me.

everyone still kept stealing glances at me while gossiping, and the moment i stepped into the office i was immediately welcomed by my principal's spit as he scolded me about school rules and being a good role model and stuff.

ew can he back off? his hot breath is making my face moist and disgusting.

"sorry for misbehaving."

"is that all you can say? i advise you to quit that job immediately, not only will it tarnish the school's name, but you will bring humiliation to your family. you're still young, so working at a nightclub isn't something pleasant to see."

to be honest, he was speaking the truth. but i can't just quit, i need money to support my family, we just lost our home.

"i'm really sorry sir, but if there was another way, i will be willing to try. but i cannot just abandon my job, i need to be useful to my family." i said as i gave him a polite bow.

he couldn't do anything but pinch the bridge of his nose in frustration, "you could be useful by being a good little girl. so as early as possible, quit that job and be a proper student."

i looked down and bowed once again, "i will try sir."

after all the scolding session, i went back to our classroom and slumped on my seat, completely drained from head to toe.

"you looked like you aged 10 years on the span of 20 minutes. how was it?" ryujin said as she giggled beside me.

i sighed, "it was the worst. he was all up to my face, huffing and spraying his spit all over the place."

ryujin grimaced and moved away, "ew go wash your face."

my lips formed a smile as i scooted closer to her, "wanna touch my principal spit-stained face?"

"you are absolutely disgusting, don't come near me unless you thoroughly wash that face of yours with holy water and soap." she said as she move her head away.

i was about to rub my face with hers when we all heard the school bell ring, indicating it was time to go home.

"bye, go and take a long nice bath, especially your face. don't want germs to grow on that pretty face." ryujin said and hurriedly took off.

i pouted and proceeded to go home too. what a weird day.

i was about to turn to the corner where our temporary house is, but i caught a glimpse of a guy wearing the same uniform as ours just a few meters behind me.

no one in our neighborhood except for me studies in my university.

i looked back and saw a panicked guy who the moment locked eyes with me, ran away.

wasn't that... na jaemin?