5

choi eunji

i awoken to the sound of a beep, which terrified me as the last thing i remember was a ticking sound and a loud explosion following after.

i rose to my bed in panic with deep breaths to only find out i was in a hospital room with my family there.

"w-what happened?"

mom held my hand tight as she cried in my arms, "the house of that child you were tutoring was bombed by unknown gang members, luckily some people saw what happened. they found you and then took you to the hospital."

"where's yena? where is she? is she okay? where is yeosang? did you tell him about what happened?"

mom and dad looked down and held my hands tighter, "they couldn't find her, eunji-ah, and yeosang... he cannot be bothered at the mean time."

my eyebrows knit in confusion, "w-what? what do you mean?"

"they think that she was killed by the bomb and that her remains was burned down to ashes."

my eyes went wide and was ready to spill tears but i held it in, thinking that maybe they're just playing with me.

"hahaha no, no that's impossible. i was with her, i heard her! mom i heard her before she passed out! she— she was calling for me, for me to help her! i-i couldn't do anything!" i said, finally releasing the tears that was threatening to fall earlier.

i was going crazy with what happened, my head was spinning and i felt like vomiting after recalling everything on that night.

it was beyond terrifying, the thought of losing yena was beyond my imagination. now it is happening.

"do you have a clue to who did this?!"

dad looked at me with sad eyes, "no, but we will do our very best to give justice to you, yena and also yeosang."

my fists was curled to a ball as my jaw was shaking with anger.

"i won't let them get away with this, they're messing with the wrong people."