33

choi eunji

this is so satisfying. i only put up with skz because i needed them to reveal their own dubious schemes, which in the end caused their downfall.

i did my job without dirtying my hands. good job, choi eunji!

"so you're saying, all this time, you tricked us into believing that nct is after you? and that you aren't just any normal person?" san asked, shaking my arms.

i laughed at his cute reaction, "yeah i needed to hide my identity, even to yunho and mingi who are both my closest friends to make my plans work."

ateez was still confused, "did chan knew who you are?"

i nodded as i triumphantly smiled, "yes he did. all of them did. but he didn't expect that i also knew who they truly are. he would always hide behind his alias CB97, wearing that same stupid demon mask so he was so confident that no one knew his true identity. that's why they acted like my friends, but behind my back, they were scheming on overthrowing me."

"skz looked so defeated earlier. what did they do for you to crush them that hard?" seonghwa asked, his arms crossed once again.

i shook my head as i recalled how much they damaged my group and sanity, "several years ago, chan and his allies sneaked into our hideout. they stole properties, money, and some of my men. he did all that to build his own empire, one that aims to replace the pirates as the top. he wanted me out of the picture so bad that he bombed yeosang's and my house. but he didn't get to kill me, so he instead took yena hostage to make me go crazy."

jongho looked down, "so all this time, all the searching we did was useless?"

"no that's not true. because of you guys i was protected whenever nct or seventeen aren't available. also, because of the cluse you guys gathered, i found where they were keeping yena."

"oh so that's why we keep seeing nct members around you. so, about the coordinates?" hongjoong was really particular with his questions.

i awkwardly cleared my throat, "it was my brother. seungcheol oppa sent that message to my phone because he knew my phone wasn't with me."

"brooo. i knew that coups hyung and his group seventeen was part of the mafia, so i really tried my hardest to keep it a secret from you. but all along, you were their leader." yunho frustratingly pulled his hair.

my heart was now lighter than ever, after revealing who i really was, it made me feel more open to my dear friends.

"and about you finding out we're part of the mafia, why go through all that drama?" yunho said while rolling his eyes.

i pouted, "i really didn't know. it didn't come across my mind that you guys would enter this treacherous world."

"say that to yourself. i was so shocked i almost got a heart attack after finding out you're the queen." wooyoung exclaimed while clutching his chest.

i laughed and glanced at yeosang who was quiet all along, "hey yeosangie, have you talked to yena yet?"

he shook his head and beads of tears started to form on his eyes, "i can't... im ashamed that i made her wait for so long. if it wasn't for you, who knows what could've happened to her. i mean, look at what they did to her."

"yeosangie oppa!" we all turned around to see yena running at us with a huge grin on her face. behind her was minghao, making sure she doesn't lose her balance.

"yena!" yeosang said as he hugged his precious sister.

he examined her body, "wait what? where did your bruises go?"

"it was makeup! eunjinnie unnie and these oppas helped me put it on before we were dragged here. they acted as guards! so cool." yena told the story with sparkling eyes as of she didn't just undergo such a traumatizing experience.

yeosang's mouth went agape and looked at me, "then is that bruise on your cheek also make up?" he said as he touched my cheek.

i winced in pain and moved my face away from him, "no silly. minho slapped me earlier."

yunho then scooted closer to me and examined my face, "you need to get this treated."

i nodded and stood up, "so you guys can now go back first. i need to take care of skz first."

as i stood up and walked towards the backdoor, we heard a deafening bang.

"what the heck was that?!" san shouted, while hongjoong covered his mouth, "language. yena's here."

i then felt weak. huh, weird.

"you bitch! i won't forgive you for sabotaging my brother and our group!" i heard aisha screaming her lungs off.

"i tried everything to gain my brother's approval, i even got the tattoo to try and infiltrate your group once again. but you just had to ruin everything!"

i turned around to see her shakily holding a pistol.

"i will kill, just to be the perfect little sister to him."

"eunji, you're bleeding!" mingo screeched as he ran by my side as i slowly start to lose consciousness.

then before darkness engulfed my vision, the last thing i saw was jeonghan and johnny tackling aisha to the ground to subdue her.

"yah choi eunji, don't you dare close your eyes!" mingi said as he shook my body while yeosang tried to stop the bleeding on my stomach.

"hey yunho, i'm giving my answer now." i spoke in between coughs.

yunho grasped my hand, "silly i don't need to hear that right now, just keep breathing."

"i like you, but i don't understand why i still have my doubts, i thought i was sure of my feelings for you. can we still be friends?" i choked.

yunho then started to tear up, "yes i'm fine with anything, just stay with us. please."

my lips formed a smile as i look at yeosang, "hey yeosangie, be more confident with yourself okay? thank you for being a good brother to yena and a good friend to us."

he nodded and continued to put a bandage on my shot wound.

ah, now i really feel peaceful.