24

the whole room was engulfed by deafening silence that it became hard to breathe.

everyone didn't dare to utter a single word as it would just worsen the already sour mood.

but sooner or later, someone must take the blame and speak.

"we're sorry. we didn't intend to keep this matter from you for a long time. we were planning on revealing it when we find yena." yunho blurted out.

eunji looked at him, "it doesn't matter. i forgive you all, i can't do anything to change things so i'll just let destiny do its thing."

wooyoung smiled at eunji and embraced her, "i'm sorry eunji. no more secrets."

everyone then smiled and took turns on hugging eunji and saying sorry to her.

after hugging eunji, hongjoong stood up straight and went infront of everyone, "now that everything's resolved, we need to talk about that tattoo."

"why? what's with the tattoo? isn't it allowed in school?" eunji kept spitting questions one by one so jongho covered her mouth with his palm.

"first of all, that tattoo is the biggest and most powerful mafia group's trademark. the pirates. that crossbone tattoo is without a doubt from that group." seonghwa said while crossing his arms.

eunji nodded, still confused, "so does that mean that..."

yunho looked down dejectingly, "yeah, she's definitely the queen of the pirates."

"and that means that..."

"yes, she's involved with the kidnapping of yena." san continued.

"i know, and can you guys stop cutting me off?" eunji pouted and crossed her arms, copying seonghwa's pose.

seonghwa chuckled, "it still doesn't matter if we know who their leader it, we still don't know whether they're really the ones who have yena as captive right now."

"i gotta alert skz about this. they might find more leads." eunji said hurriedly and took out her phone to contact chan.

she waited for a few moments, but chan wasn't still picking up, so she decided to excuse herself and go to chan's classroom to look for him.

"i'll be going now, lunch break's about to end so you guys should head back too."

choi eunji

i ran to the third year's classroom to look for chan, but i only saw minho sleeping comfortably on his desk so i decided to kick his chair hard for him to fall.

"hey meanhoe, do you know where chan went?"

he glared at me and frustratingly ruffled his hair, "what do you want from meeeeee!"

"i'm looking for your father." i said while putting a hand on my waist.

he fixed his chair and table, "i don't know!"

i rolled my eyes and ruffled his hair before leaving, hearing his whines.

i continued to search for chan, peering through windows of different classrooms, until i heard his voice in the staircase.

"chan i--" i was about to call for him when i heard him talking to someone, that voice is awfully familiar.

"what happened? i heard gossips about you and your tattoo." chan voice sounded so disappointed. i never heard him that frustrated before.

"but oppa, what can i do? that bitch really just irks me! her mere existence makes my blood boil."

"just... calm down will you? your impulsiveness caused this. fix it, i don't need more on my plate right now."

how could chan sound so heartless like that...

i slowly backed away when someone from my class called for me from behind.

i quickly ran towards her and dragged her out.

i could see chan hurriedly peering through the corner and looking at the surroundings to look for me.

my mind was once again all over the place.