16

now that everyone has heard everything, eunji had no reason to run from them anymore.

they're now at the campus' practice room to discuss everything.

she was crossing her arms while looking down at the rest of ateez sitting on the wooden floor, all fidgety and refusing to look at her in the eye.

"well first of all, i would like to say, y'all are a bunch of peeping toms."

after that statement, groans and eye rolls occupied the room, "but it doesn't change the fact that you worked with stray kids without telling us."

"second of all, sorry for that. i meant to tell it to you guys sooner, but everything got all messed up so..." eunji looked down, tears threatening to fall as she remember how her and yeosang's house got bombed.

she felt a gentle pat on her back, it was seonghwa.

"it's okay eunji, we understand. you and yeosang went through a lot of things there past few weeks."

eunji felt safe after the eldest's reassuring words, "thank you hwa, and sorry everyone..."

she then turned to yeosang, "i am so sorry yeosang. i swear i will get yena back at all costs."

"correction, WE will get yena back." yeosang said, showing a slight smile.

he stood up and faced eunji, "sorry for blaming and making it harder for you. i was just so mad that i lost my composure."

"yeah, he even slapped hongjoong's hand, what an asshole." jongho snickered.

"yah it wasn't intentional, why don't you go break some apples at the corner or something." yeosang rebutted, making jongho tease him more.

the once tense atmosphere is now filled with jokes and laughter.

"hey i'll go get some drinks, what do you guys want? my treat." eunji said, earning cheers from the guys.

they all gave her their preferred drinks and she started to walk off when yeosang called after her, "i'll come with you, it's dangerous to go by yourself."

as they walk out of the room, the rest smiled and high-fives each other.

"such a cute duo." hongjoong said while nudging wooyoung who was busy tickling san.

yunho glanced at hongjoong and then looked at the door, "yeah..."

eunji and yeosang are now at the vending machine, a comfortable silence between them.

"hey, who do you think is the mastermind?" eunji broke off the silence while yeosang is picking up the drinks.

yeosang could only sigh, "we don't know yet, but we have a hunch that the mafia is behind all this."

eunji tilted her head in confusion, "why is the mafia after us? we're just normal citizens."

"i don't know, maybe because ateez... no, nevermind." he then put all the drinks in one bag and proceeded to walk back.

"what do you mean because of ateez?" eunji kept questioning him.

he could only mutter the same sentence, "i don't know." which earned a pout from eunji.

"no fair."

as they approach the practice room, they could see someone peering at the window from outside.

yeosang then dragged eunji into a spot where they could spy on him, "is that..."

the person then walked away while glancing around him to see if someone's been watching.

the two rushed back to the practice room, startling the others who were chatting.

"what happened?" san asked, looking at the two.

"a spy." yeosang breathed.

everyone stopped at their tracks.

"who was it? did you see the face?" hongjoong worriedly asked while shaking yeosang.

eunji is now showing a visible confused face, "what's happening?" she asked herself as she realized that the tense air earlier came back, but thicker.

"mark lee."