21

choi eunji

today is another day, what a depressing start.

my mind has been occupied with thoughts for a while, but now i have a new problem...

why is na jaemin still following me?

i've already caught him in action yesterday, why is he making it obvious that he's up to something first thing in the morning?

i fished out my phone from my school bag and shakily dialed hongjoong, "hey can i make a request?"

---

"so i called all of you here today to say that i have been stalked by another member of nct. he wasn't even discreet about it anymore after i caught him near our house yesterday. this morning, i saw him trailing after me until we reached the university." i said as i put my palms on the long table.

seonghwa clicked his tongue, "they're really being bold this time. yunho, starting today and onwards, you will accompany eunji when going to school or going home. understand?"

"understood, sir!" yunho goofily said as he made a small salute until san kicked his chair.

"as i was saying, we mustn't let our guards down. now that they have set their sights on eunji, who knows what would happen next." hongjoong said while looking at us.

"for now, yeosang and jongho is trying their best to locate yena. they've been tracking all connections and people who could've been a suspect for weeks now."

i nodded, "stray kids are also using every techy stuff they have to locate yena. chan has been in touch with me all the time to update any clues they find."

mingi raised his hand, "will you keep working on the club? should we take turns with accompanying you?"

i shook my head, "no need, yunho could just drop me off. i have my co-workers there to protect me. besides, i only work once a week."

"well if you need help, this guy is available 24/7." wooyoung butted in and wrapped an arm around yeosang, teasing him.

yeosang looked away and shook wooyoung's arm, "shut up, i'm a busy person."

"pfft, busy doing what exactly?" san interrupted.

"... stuff." yeosang answered and went silent once again.

"aw our cutie yeosangie is shy." mingi cooed while pinching the poor guy's cheeks.

yeosang pouted and winced in pain, "itsh hurtsh."

mingi found him more adorable so he proceeded to engulf yeosang into a big hug, "awwwww!"

and before i knew it, yunho and wooyoung joined in. kids.

"are you all literally my hyungs?" jongho said while facepalming, with san nodding in agreement.

"well, at least me and hongjoong are mature." seonghwa said while crossing his arms

san scoffed, "you? mature? you wish."

and now everyone is either hugging or tackling each other.

istg these guys...

"hey focus! i need to get to work soon." i snapped them all back to reality.

"i'll be ready in a while, wait for me, i'll drop you off." yunho said and went back to their classroom.

"hey can someone tell him i need to check on chan first? i'll be back." i said and yeosang just nodded.

---

"oh if it isn't my cute little dongsaeng!" chan warmly embraced me to which i hugged him back lightly.

he's such a teddy bear, like yunho.

"so, how's things going? any new info?"

chan looked down and seemed disappointed, "we couldn't find anything for this week. it's like the people who got yena thought of every single detail through. there isn't any loopholes on their plot and the crime scene."

"no matter who or where they are, i will find them and i'll make sure they pay for hurting my family and friends." i gritted my teeth and glared at the ground.

chan gulped, "it'll be okay. trust us, stray kids and ateez."

"hey eunji! yeosang told me you met up with-- oh hello sunbae!" yunho gleamed as he brofisted chan.

chan smiled, "you'll be late for your job. take care! i'll be in touch."

then me and yunho went to my usual workplace.

the whole walk was quiet, but comfortable.

"hey we're here." yunho said, then gave me a small side hug, "remember, i'm always one call away whenever you need me!"

i giggled and shoved him playfully, "yeah sure yunhoe. bye!"

he waved at me and left.

now, time to work!

i put on my apron and started to roam around different tables, taking their orders.

"hey eunji, someone's asking for you again."

i rolled my eyes, "who is it now?"

my co-worker snickered, "i don't know, it's my first time seeing him, but he's such an eye candy."

"hm maybe one of ateez again?" i sighed and went to the table only to find someone completely different from who i was expecting.

"you're the next target. be careful."

my feet was glued to the ground and it felt like thorns were stuck on my throat.

he smirked and patted my shoulder, "you're that speechless in front of your jaehyun oppa? well i can't blame you, i'm gorgeous."

he then left, leaving me dumbfounded once again.