4

ateez was all fun and games when suddenly yunho heard a loud blasting sound from the other line which alerted mingi who was eavesdropping the whole time.

mingi snatched the phone away from yunho, scared for eunji and called for her name countless of times.

"YAH CHOI EUNJI IT'S ME MINGI, ASNWER ME! EUNJINNIE! HEY!"

everyone was startled at mingi's booming voice, the sound system was loud, but surprisingly, his voice was louder.

hongjoong, being the leader, came to the two tall guys who was beyond panicked, "what's wrong?"

"e-eunji! s-something happened, she's was just talking earlier then something went off, like a bomb." mingi said in a whimpering tone which broke the members' hearts.

yeosang was quietly listening to their conversation, but deep inside he was as panicked as yunho and mingi.

he was terrified, for his sister and for eunji so he packed up his bag and was about to move until hongjoong made him sit back down.

"no, yeosang. we must stay alert, you can't just go back there, knowing that someone planned all this."

yeosang then snapped, slapping the leader's hand away, "how do you expect me to calm down knowing my house, my sister and eunji was bombed?! who the hell would sit back and relax after that huh?!"

"yah kang yeosang, we understand that you're scared, but you shouldn't disrespect our leader that way." wooyoung tried to calm yeosang down by patting his back and making him sit back down.

the whole room was then filled with a deafening silence, no one had the strength to utter a single word. they were all glued to where they were, pondering about all the possibilities that could happen.

suddenly, their television flickered and went all black, then suddenly flashing a hooded man.

they all turned their attention to it, finding it suspicious.

"hello, ateez. i'm here to deliver a huge news!" the hooded man said in a demonic, auto tuned voice.

seonghwa rolled his eyes, knowing that this is yet another prank.

but then all of their eyes widened as they hear a familiar scream.

"YEOSANG OPPA! HELP ME!!!"

yeosang balled his fists in rage and attempted to storm on the screen, but the members quickly got a hold of him.

"yeosang, calm down." san faced the frantic boy as he held his shoulder.

"HOW?! THAT'S MY SISTER THEY'RE WITH! THESE BASTARDS DESERVE TO DIE!"

then the man in the screen turned the camera to the bruised yena together with several bloody people.

they were all crying for help, but the camera was focused on yena's weakened figure which angered ateez more.

"you sick motherf*ckers!" wooyoung yelled in anger, which earned a laugh from the hooded man.

"well, if you want your precious sister back, dear yeosangie, do me a favor and retrieve us the heiress of the pirates."

they exchanged confused stares, "we don't know who she is, all we know is that she's highly guarded and couldn't possibly be touched." hongjoong calmly said.

"oh, that's where you're all wrong. she's closer than you think she is."

seonghwa, who is the calmest of them all tried to negotiate, "what you're asking for is too much of a risk and is impossible. do we have another option? or rather, can we have a negotiation?"

the man left a short sinister laugh and thought before answering, "hmm i like the way you talk, but no. the heiress or you're saying your precious sister bye bye."

yeosang was about to charge on the television again, but was once again restrained by wooyoung and jongho.

"yeosang! get back to your senses boy!" wooyoung said to his best pal while san was patting the quiet guy's back.

it was unusual for them to see the most calm guy to be so aggressive.

but they understood why, yena is his only family left and he can't afford to lose her too.

"oh, and one more thing before i go bibbidy bobbity boo on y'all, i have good news! this girl had a tutor right? well, that lucky bitch got away. okay bye!"

everyone stood there frozen, everyone was happy that she managed to survive and now they have hope to identify the culprit.

except for one.

"how could she leave my sister alone."