7

eunji and mingi was currently at a café nearby to soothe their worries and to calm the still frightened girl from what just happened to her family.

everyone's eyes was glued on the two as they found it bizarre to see an ash-covered girl wearing a hospital gown roaming casually around in the city.

but that didn't trouble eunji at all, she was full of thoughts about her family and friends being in danger to even have the opinion of strangers bother her.

"hey do you want to eat anything? how about a cake? you should fill your stomach with something other than coffee." mingi tried to console eunji again, but she didn't even bat an eyelash at him, just blankly staring outside.

mingi sighed and recalled and important news, "hey i have a slightly good news to tell you!"

she answered a monotonous "what?" and proceeded to blankly stare at the passerby outside the café.

"yena is alive!" he said with a slightly pained voice, he knows what state yena is in right now and they couldn't even do anything.

but for eunji, it gave a small glimpse of hope to her life as she looked at mingi with sparkles in her eyes, "really?! then where is she? is she okay? is she recovering well? does yeosang know about this? can i visit her?"

mingi was taken aback with eunji's hopefulness to the point that he couldn't answer any of her questions because it would only crush her friend's heart more so he just looked away.

"what? why are you not answering? didn't your hear my questions? is yena o—"

"she's been kidnapped."

and with that, the tense atmosphere came back with no one even trying to speak.

the girl's eyebrows was furrowed deeply and she was looking intensely at mingi's eyes to make sure he wasn't lying.

"they have her, those people who bombed both yours and yeosang's house. we still don't know who they are but we will make sure that they won't get away with this."

mingi tried to comfort eunji by saying that everything will be fine and that the police are also helping them find out who the culprit is.

but she wasn't so sure anymore so her mind deteriorated and she started breaking down, "what if they do something bad to yena? i-i can't bear to see her being hurt."

he hugged her tightly and patted her back, drawing circles on it to calm her down once again.

mingi held her face and made her look at him to which he showed her his usual bright smile, "everything will be fine, i promise. all of ateez promise, we won't let anyone hurt yena, most especially yeosang. so don't worry okay? you can cry on my shoulders all day, i don't mind."

he then enveloped her again on his arms and warmly wrapped his hands around her trembling shoulders while stroking her hair.

as eunji was starting to fall asleep from exhaustion, she felt her phone ringing om the table so she slowly rose from mingi's hug and picked up her phone.

she took a glance at the number and saw it was her brother's.

"o-oppa! what happened? why are you still alive?!"

"yah you brat what do you mean 'still alive?' huh?! do you want me to wrestle you right now?!"

his blabbering then stopped as he heard her little sister sobbing.

"hey why are you crying?"

"our house was bombed, everything is gone and i thought the three of you was inside the house when it happened."

"silly, we just got out of the hospital when that happened, i saw it on the news just now. we're now back at the hospital. where are you? who are you with? are you okay?"

finally, eunji got to take a breath of relief knowing that her family was alive and thriving.

"i'm at the café with mingi. i didn't get hurt so i'm fine. why are you at the hospital though?"

"...."

eunji thought that the line got dropped as she heard nothing, but she checked her phone and saw that the call was still on.

"oppa?"

"oh yeah about that... we got into an accident. someone intentionally speeded beside us and suddenly stopped. mom and dad are still unconscious."