32

the guy in red slumped into the ground, feeling the defeat take over his body and soul.

eunji laughed, wickedly. she didn't look like the eunji they once knew. she was an entirely different person. there isn't a single glint of shine in her eyes anymore, just pure darkness and hatred. she was terrifying.

"e-eunji?" yeosang spoke up, as if trying to make sure that the person in front of them was just an impostor and not the loving eunji he loved.

she looked at the poor state of ateez and smiled at them, "i got this." she mouthed.

she then walked towards yena who was weakly reaching her arms up to hug eunji.

"i missed you yena. i'm so sorry if i let this drag on for so long. you're safe now." eunji comforted yena who was crying once again as she soothe her back.

but before eunji could speak another word, she heard the leader scoff.

"then i'll just have to kill you, right here, right now."

eunji, instead of turning around and facing the demon, she snapped her fingers.

then, before they knew it, the leader and his crewmates were overpowered and outnumbered with guns pointing on their faces.

"what? but how?" the leader said in disbelief. he was pretty sure that ateez were the only people who are against them, but now, the people surrounding them was now twice the number of him and his crew.

eunji sighed, "poor guy. you worked so hard to take me down and replace me, but too bad, i already knew your every move. i only played dumb so you guys would lower your guards against me."

she then ripped of the mask of the leader, while her men ripped the masks of the other crew.

"how does it feel to be outnumbered now, channie oppa?"

chan, the leader, clicked his tongue.

"how long did you knew?" he asked.

she shrugged and looked at her nails, "a magician never reveals his trick. but i'll give you a hint... ever since you infiltrated and made a mess of my group, i never stopped hunting you down."

chan's eyebrows met, then his eyes bulged open as he came into a realization.

"don't you think it's so much of a coincidence for us to end up in the same school?" she smirked and walked closer to his face, "it was all me. the one who killed that bearded bastard, your uncle. i was the one who sent you his 'will', where he 'wanted' you to do your education in our university and take me down. i wrote that."

chan froze on his spot, so shocked with all the revelations he is hearing from her mouth. he couldn't believe he was straight up played. he was manipulated.

"now, how does it feel to have your 'crew' taken from you? awful right? well, you should've thought of that first before stealing felix and jeongin from us." she glanced at the two quivering boys behind chan.

"and by the way jeongin, chan must've scolded you about that second message right? yeah, a rookie mistake for revealing your location on that text message." she winked at jeongin who felt more small behind his members.

eunji raised her hand, signaling her men who was only blending in with skz by wearing the same getup as them to take off their masks.

ateez was left dumbfounded as they saw very familiar faces.

"seungcheol oppa, did i do good?" eunji exclaimed as she walked towards her brother.

he ruffled her hair as he smiled warmly, nodding with taeyong, "you did great!"

nobody expected for nct and seventeen to be on the same group. much more serving under their precious eunji.

the sound of stilettos echoing on the whole warehouse was heard as they all cheered, "mom, dad!"

"eunji, congratulations on bringing down one of the most notorious group to ever challenge us." eunji's mom said, while her dad was elegantly clapping beside the two women.

eunji smiled and bowed, "it was an honor to be able to lead this operation."

"no need to be formal, go on, talk to your friends. we have something to discuss with the captives." her father said, giving eunji a stern pat on the shoulder before approaching stray kids.

eunji nodded, she then walked towards mark and jaemin, "you two idiots suck at stalking."

jaemin sheepishly smiled and gave her a peace sign, "it was only you so i let my guard down."

while haechan smacked the back of mark's head, "asshole got busted by the boss. shame on you and your cow. you too nana. shame on both of you."

eunji sighed and face the guy in red who looked soulless at the corner, "aw our meanhoe. if you didn't hit me earlier, i wouldn't have chosen you as an example for proof."

minho could just cower and turn himself away.

"now that everything's settled, boys, take these traitors to where they belong." yuta and jun grabbed chan by his arms as he dejectedly walked away.

yena was being treated by taeil, jungwoo, and minghao while eunji's parents are leading the other members to transport the bad guys to their lair for further interrogation and punishment.

ateez sat in silence, still digesting on the fact that eunji is working together with nct and seventeen, two of the biggest and most famous mafia groups ever existed.

mingi shakily raised his hand, "u-um, eunji? can i ask you a quick question?"

"sure fire away."

"w-who are you? i mean... what are you?"

she smiled innocently while pointing at herself, "oh, i'm the queen of the pirates."