11

"ow! y-you're hurting me! yeosang stop!" eunji tried to pry yeosang's tight grip away from her wrist but he didn't seem to budge at all.

yeosang abruptly turned around, facing eunji, "and now you think you're hurting more than me now?"

"j-just stop! i-i'm sorry." she finally broke down as she covered her face with her free hand.

he could only scoff at her and proceeded to drag her away from the gymnasium and to a more secluded place.

"yeosang i can walk by myself, stop pulling my wrist!"

he then let her hand go as he angrily turned around to face eunji.

she quietly sobbed and tried to blink her tears away, "it also pains me yeosang. yena was a huge part of my life too, i treasured her like she's my sister, then i almost lost my family because some bastards thinks its fun to mess with other people's lives. now do you think i feel less pained than you?!"

yeosang was loss at words as he tried to understand more of her situation, he then realized he was indeed too harsh on her, but he knew that he couldn't take it easy on eunji, knowing she could've been by yena's side when she needed it the most.

"but you left her, you left yena!"

"goddamnit yeosang! i was just outside her room, i didn't leave her for fuck's sake!" she snapped but then quickly regretted shouting at the boy.

he looked down, "if it was me, i would've sacrificed my life."

eunji saw how yeosang broke into tears which made her heart crush, but he quickly blinked it away.

"i would too, but everything was just planned perfectly, it knows when to strike." eunji explained with a softer voice as she tried to comfort the teary-eyed yeosang.

eunji understood where yeosang's anger was coming from, she just wanted to let him know that she did what she could and everything happened so quickly.

"d-don't worry, i'll help you guys to find those bastards and take yena back." she said as yeosang looked at her with blank eyes.

he looked down once again and uttered nothing, making the atmosphere between them more tense than it is.

until the sound of applause and cheers made them look back at the gym to which eunji frustratedly scratched her head, "aish! i didn't get to watch them."

"i'll send you a video, wooyoung told seonghwa hyung to record everything." and with that, yeosang left without another word.

she watched as he walk away, his figure becoming smaller with every step that he makes, further from where she is.

but then a sudden memory rushed to her mind, almost making her chase after yeosang but she didn't.

"shoot, i didn't get to tell them that i'm working with stray kids to find the culprit." eunji bit her lip as she watch the boy's back fade away in the distance.