Cԋαρƚҽɾ 34: Yσυ Gσƚ Iƚ ρƚ 1.

December 23, 1993

That nostalgia feeling came over Ranae for some reason as soon as she pulled up to her apartment. She couldn't even remember the last time she laid her head here, for a while now she considered Devante's house her home. She was over it though.

It's what she wanted in the beginning, and though her family was against it, they allowed her to go out and do what she wanted. She was doing that anyway being that De had her going along with any and everything he said.

Sighing, Ranae finally hopped out of her car and eyed the street, just taking in everything she use to see on a daily basis. It's like she's been locked up in that mansion on the other side of town for too long. She was becoming unfamiliar with the area and she hated that feeling.

Walking up the stairs towards her apartment door, she nervously knocked hoping anybody was home. Her brother should be here being he's the only one without a job, well that's what she remembered the last time she was here.

Ranae palms started to sweat for some reason, she remembered just what she came over here to talk about with her mother. She was anxious about the outcome and what she might say about her and Donald's relationship. Ranae wanted to get away for a while though, she would honestly be happy if her parents forced her to stay home this time around. Just the thought of going back to that place gave her a headache.

Hearing the front door unlock pulled her from her thoughts, just as she expected her big brother Demarcus opened the door. He didn't look too happy to see her.

He pulled her inside the apartment by her arm, before even greeting her "Get in here." He nodded before slamming the door shut. Ranae furrowed her brows and snatched her arm out of his grip "You letting that nigga put his hands on you!!?" He questioned her.

"What are you talking about—"

"Don't pull that confused shit with me lil sis, Jarvis already spilled the beans." He blurted out and Ranae rolled her eyes towards the ceiling at the fact her friend decided to run his mouth before her "Why you allowing that shit? Matter fact, when was you gone tell somebody?"

"Why do you think I'm over here?" She folded her arms though she wasn't gonna bring up the extreme details, just talk about how exhausting things were getting between her and Donald.

"Aight." Demarcus shoved her onto the couch "Tell me everything that's going on, and if yo story don't add up with Jarvis, we really gone have a issue."

"What the hell did Jarvis tell you?"

"He told me how your so called boyfriend was embarrassing you at some party last night, snatching you up and manhandling your ass like it was nothing. Then you got the nerve to go home with his ass." He shook his head with such disappointment "I know you smarter than that Ranae, so what hold does this nigga have on you?"

"De doesn't have a hold on me." She rolled her eyes once again.

"Then why you still under him if he over there beating your ass?"

"He's not beating my ass, I don't even know why Jarvis would tell you that when all he saw was us arguing." Ranae said like this news getting out was a bad thing. She didn't like the fact Jarvis decided to run his mouth and tell her business, especially when she was coming home to do just that. She felt that it wasn't his place.

Demarcus scoffed and shook his head "I doubt he came over here and lied about that shit, that nigga putting his hands on you Ranae! Stop lying and put his ass on the spot." He spatted, growing annoyed with the fact his little sis was sitting here acting clueless about everything "If you ain't gone tell me, you gotta tell daddy...that's why you came over here right?"