Cԋαρƚҽɾ 48: Cαɳ Wҽ Fʅσ?

August 3, 1995

Ranae anxiously shook her leg as she waited to get results from the pregnancy test on the sink. At first she thought she just came down with something until it finally clicked in her head that her and Jarvis have been having unprotected sex. Literally been fucking like rabbits since they moved in together.

She could remember that he would pull out or nut somewhere else most times, but the symptoms she was having lead her to believe that this was a slip up.

Feeling that more than five minutes have passed, she sighed before slowly reaching over and grabbing the test. Hearing her heart thump in her chest, she glared down at the test and saw for herself, the double lines.

She's pregnant, again.

She sighed deeply and began to rub her temples, letting her mind run wild. Ranae wasn't upset about having Jarvis's baby, she just didn't think it was the right time for it. Both were still in school. Sure he'll be graduating soon but Ranae still had years to go. Adding a baby in the mix isn't the right move, but it's happening.

Ranae nerves were starting to get the best of her, she was becoming nervous to reveal this to Jarvis, afraid of how he might react. Was he even ready for a child? How would his parents feel?

How would her parents react to finding out she's having a baby so soon? She was an adult now, but it's still so early on in her life and she's in college. How would she be able to juggle all of that?

"Alicia!" Ranae called out for her friend.

Alicia opened the bathroom door, appearing with sunflower seeds and a anxious expression "It's positive isn't it?" She assumed just by Ranae's expression.

"Yes." She mumbled with another sigh, her head dropping and staring at the test.

"Well why do you look so upset? Girl this is a blessing, especially with a dude like Jarvis." She shrugged.

"I'm not upset, I'm just thinking about how all of this is gonna work out with us in school and working." She reminded her.

"I'm sure ya parents wont mind looking out for your lil bundle of joy while you focus on your studies. Jarvis only got one more year to go anyway." Alicia told her before putting a handful of seeds in her mouth. She made it sound like it wasn't that big of a deal.

Ranae continued to rub her temples "I don't know..."

"You should've thought about this before riding his dick like it's the end of the world." Alicia shook her head.

Ranae gave her a straight face "Now is not the time."

Now Alicia sighed "Well what are you gonna do being that you're not prepared? Get an abortion again?"

"No!" She quickly answered "I'm not aborting it, I don't wanna go through that again." She rubbed her hands down her face in frustration "We'll just have to figure it out."

Her first abortion was a very difficult and traumatic experience, especially because she was still young. On top of that she was pregnant by someone who clearly didn't care about her. At that time, her getting rid of the baby was a must or there would've been consequences for Donald.

Ranae feels that Jarvis would be very understanding though, in whatever decision she decides to make. She's not aborting her child, but she can only hope Jarvis would help her work through this pregnancy and whatever happens afterward.

........................................................................

While tying her hair up and getting ready for work, Ranae heard keys jiggling, along with the front door closing "Jarvis?"