Cԋαρƚҽɾ 42: Mყ Hҽαɾƚ Bҽʅσɳɠʂ Tσ Yσυ.

July 28, 1994

"I like that top on you, where you get it from?" Monique asked Ranae who was taking forever to get dressed.

"This old thing? I don't even remember." She sighed while wiping herself down as if her outfit was covered in lent.

Ranae thought It felt good to actually get out more often, since the summer started she's been outside everyday. She missed doing this and it felt like it's been years since she got the chance to stay out as late as she wants with her crew. De wanted her under him all hours of the day...

At first she was a bit paranoid to leave the apartment after the whole court hearing with Devante. She figured he would do something extreme for trying to send him to jail, but luckily he's been leaving her alone. Well that's what she hoped. He could be lurking anywhere at any time.

Being that she's been good for three months now tells her that's he's actually somewhere minding his business for once. He stopped leaving voicemails too. That restraining order was something serious, De knew when to act a ass and when not to.

"Won't you look at that, it's already 4." Crystal obnoxiously said while checking her wrist for her invisible watch.

"Alright alright, I'm ready." Ranae said while fixing her hair one last time.

The crew planned on walking over to Coney Island for the day, just to get out. It was only July and they wanted to enjoy the rest of the summer as much as they can.

"Y'all guys down there." They heard Demarcus say from the living area.

The three girls left out of her room to see Alicia and him sitting on the couch, all cuddled up like this was they house. Ranae rolled her eyes in disgust, still trying to adjust to her friend dating her annoying brother. It was almost every day now that she had to see the two all hugged up.

Luckily Demarcus was finally moving out in two weeks though, better late than never. Hopefully Alicia moves in so they could do whatever they wanted under their roof.

Ranae cleared her throat "Let's go Alicia, my eyes are bleeding." She said leading the girls to the front door.

"You sure you don't wanna come baby?" Alicia asked Demarcus while the rest of them cringed.

"Nah I'm straight, just be sure to hit me up once y'all leave." He told her.

"I gotchu." She said with a smirk before leaning down to give him a peck on the lips.

Ranae turned her attention towards the window and saw the rest of their friends waiting outside on the streets. They finally walked out while Demarcus stared Alicia down since she was switching, not being able to contain his grin.

He felt he should've been checking for Alicia a while back.

"About damn time." Tyrese said while shaking his head.

"Where's the other three?" Monique asked referring to Tarika, Ricky, and Kiara.

"Oh they drove their instead, Ricky got a new whip or whatever." He shrugged.

"Damn, and just left y'all out?" Ranae asked.

"Well we told them to gone ahead, Jarvis desperate ass wanted me to come with him to get y'all....well mainly you." Tyrese put him on the spot while eyeing Ranae.

She smiled showing off her pearly whites "Awwww, that's so sweet." She cooed and Jarvis playfully shook his head as if he wasn't loving the attention.

"It's nothing to me, I been waiting to see you anyway." He shrugged as him and Ranae locked arms. He made sure she was walking on the inside and away from the curb too.