Cԋαρƚҽɾ 38: Iɳ Tԋҽ Mҽαɳɯԋιʅҽ.

March 7, 1994

Ranae read the alarm clock on her dresser and it was going on two in the morning. She couldn't sleep though, and this was the second night in a row she had to deal with this. She was missing Jarvis like crazy, more than usual.

She never expected it to get this bad, it was no denying she felt something for him at this point. All that staying friends talk is out the window.

She couldn't sleep because she felt bad, it was still bothering her how their last conversation went. Neither of them picked up the phone to reach out to one another and this made Ranae think he was upset with her. He wasn't though.

He was just tired of kissing her ass.

Jarvis loved Ranae dearly, but if he made the first move once again, that'll just make him look like a fool. Ranae couldn't keep taking advantage of him, he did nothing wrong. They could've been held a conversation if Ranae would just admit she overreacted. It was that simple. The fact that she hasn't even picked up the phone to call him since January makes her feel even worst.

It bothered Jarvis too, but he wasn't about to stop being her friend because of missed phone calls. He needed his space though, and he refused to put himself back into the situation with Ranae and Devante. If he came back around just for Ranae to cry on his shoulder, he would get slapped in face again.

Ranae couldn't seem to dismiss Donald, and Jarvis didn't know how to handle that anymore. He was done sitting down and having the same conversation about their toxic relationship. Ranae says one thing and goes back to do another.

She sighed and sat up against her headboard, leaning over to grab the phone. This was probably a bad time to call him but she was hoping he would just pick up. Honestly, they were both waiting on a phone for a while now so 9/10, he'll answer.

She heard movement and Jarvis clearing his throat "Hello?" He answered, sounding a bit raspy.

Ranae got nervous for a few seconds but was grateful he actually answered "Hey, it's Ranae."

"I know, and I'm surprised you called after almost two months." He didn't hesitate to remind her.

She sighed "I know and I'm sorry about that. You was just telling me the truth and I walked out on you, I was overreacting." She admitted "I thought you were mad at me being that you haven't called in a while."

"I'm not mad at you Ranae, I haven't called cause I needed to make a point. I can't keep kissing yo ass." He told her flat out "I can't keep letting you come around trying to take advantage of my kindness only for you to run back to you know who." He didn't even wanna mention his name.

"I'm sorry Jarvis, really I am. I guess I just haven't been thinking straight lately."

Lately?

"Well we know who to blame for that..." He said more so to himself.

Ranae agreed in her head, thinking they shouldn't even have a conversation about Donald at this point. They're conversations should strictly be about them now.