36. Platinum Blond

^Jungkook's POV^

I groaned in pain when the shackles harshly tugged at my wrist, pulling me back towards the wall, when I tried to escape again. At least I made it to the centre of the cell that time. When I awoke, I was in some kind of basement cell. My blindfold was off, but the gag was still there. Yoongi was nowhere to be seen.

It didn't take long after I sat down to take a break, when the basement door opened. I diverted my attention to the source of the bright light that filled the dimly lit room.

I let out a muffled threat catching Miyoung's attention as she watched one of her men carry an unconscious tied up Yoongi, over his shoulder, into my cell. He practically threw the fire dragon on me. Yoongi's body slumped against my chest, his head harshly hitting my chin, and his weight rested mainly on my folded legs.

I glared at the platinum-blond haired female who smirked connivingly. I unfolded my legs under Yoongi, making him sit on the ground. I wrapped my legs under his knees and protectively pulled him closer to me, tilting my head to let his head fall against my shoulder.

"Remove the gag," Miyoung instructed. "He wouldn't dare make sudden moves when his mate is leaning against him."

The man looked uncertain but removed my gag nonetheless. I tried to bite his hand, but he pulled away quickly. "I'm going to kill you," I snarled out. She laughed.

"Sure you are," she mocked me. "A mere human against a were-dragon. You humour me."

"A mere human," I snorted. "Clearly you haven't done your research if you think I'm a mere human."

"Hm... strong-willed. I like it. You're going to be fun to break," she mocked me again. With that, she and her goon walked out. Before she closed the door behind herself, she added a piece of information. "By the way, there are power blockers here. So Yoongi won't be using his fire any time soon. Get comfortable, you're going to be here for a while."

-

I wasn't sure how long it took until Yoongi woke up. At first, he was panicking about his lack of sight. He hadn't noticed me until he started squirming in my hold, waking me up from the sleep I dozed off into.

"Yoongi, stop moving," I groaned out. He jumped at my voice, craning his neck as if trying to find me. He did relax a little when he realized that it wasn't a stranger whose legs he was sitting in between. "Lean forward a little, I'll untie your gag and blindfold."

He did as I said. I leaned forward and worked on untying the two cloths with my teeth. First I did the blindfold to reduce his state of panic. Then I did the gag, which took longer because of the double knot.

"Thanks," Yoongi breathed out. I looked down at his hands that were tied behind his back.

"Lean forward, I'll untie your hands," I said. Once I untied his hands, he untied the rope binding his ankles and stood up. I leaned against the wall, as Yoongi looked for an escape route. "Miyoung said there are power blockers."

"Oh," he said. As a confirmation, he tried to light his hands on fire. The fire flickered before dying down. A pressure in my head caused me to wince. Yoongi seemed to have the same reaction as Jimin's voice came through.

"Nigh... Yoong... Are... there?" Jimin's voice was breaking.

"Yeah," Yoongi responded. "Power blockers... connection's bad. I'm free, but Nighter is chained to the wall"

I sighed, feeling my arms become stiff. I could no longer hear Yoongi and Jimin converse, and seeing Yoongi's frustrated expression, he couldn't either.

"We need to find an escape route," I said, meekly. "Once we leave this room, you can just light everyone up or something."

"You can't escape the South. Not without help," Yoongi said.

"How about this: you find a way to escape. You can fly, you can control fire. That should help. I'll stay here and stall your mother," I said.

"You think she'll let you live once I've escaped?" Yoongi asked. "She'll kill you instantly once I leave. She won't even use you as bait, she'll just kill you and weaken the rest of us. Then she'll kill all of us."

"Then why isn't she doing any of that right now?" I asked. "She wants something."

"Of course she does," Yoongi said. "She always does."