Chapter 22

Steve woke up the next morning to find Cole, Joseph, Dylan, and Phillip gone. Sapphire was still sleeping in her cot. Steve saw how peaceful she looked still asleep. He was falling madly in love with this girl. He wanted to help her.

Sapphire began to stir as the light hit her eyes. Steve watched as her eyes fluttered open. Admiring how beautiful she was. She wasn't like the other girls in Hawkins.

Sapphire noticed Steve staring at her which caused her to blush. She wouldn't admit it to anyone but she liked Steve. She was falling for Steve just like Steve was falling for her. She wanted to protect him. She didn't believe Steve willingly joined Cole's group but she wouldn't dare bring it up.

"You know it's rude to stare." Said Sapphire. Steve immediately turned around in his cot to hide his embarrassment.

Sapphire got up from her cot and walked over to Steve. "Mind I have a seat?" Asked Sapphire. Steve turned around in his cot and nodded his head. "So where are the guys at?" Asked Steve. "They usually go out during the day to the boardwalk to avoid the lost boys." Said Sapphire shrugging. "Is it normal they leave you here alone?" Asked Steve. "Yeah its pretty normal." Said Sapphire. "Why dont you escape?" Asked Steve as he grabbed Sapphires hands. "I...I tried once. They hunted me down and dragged me back here. Almost killed me when we came back here. I've learned its better for my safety if I just stay here." Said Sapphire looking down. "Thats terrible. I'll help you escape. Some way we will get you out of here. I promise." Said Steve gripping Sapphires hands a little tighter. "Thank you." Said Sapphire kissing Steve on the lips.
_________________________________________

On the other side of Santa Carla you were waking up with Marko holding you close to him. You smiled at yourself but that smile slowly faded when you remembered you couldn't see your brother. Tears began to form in your eyes. You hoped he was safe. You couldn't live with yourself if something happened to Steve. You began to cry softly which caused Marko to wake up. "Whats wrong angel?" Marko asked in a panic as he held you closer to him. "I..I j..just hope Steve is okay." You said between sobs. "Angel, he will be okay. I promise you." Said Marko softly as he wiped the tears from your eyes. You nodded your head well trying to calming down. "Now will you give me a smile?" Asked Marko. You tried to smile but Marko could tell it was fake. "I want a genuine smile. I know how to get a genuine smile from you." Marko smirked as he began tickling you causing you to laugh uncontrollably. "I..I hate you." You said between laughing causing Marko to continue to tickle you until you snorted and smiled widely.

"There's that smile I love so much." Said Marko as he began kissing your neck and nibbling and biting your sweet spot. You softly moaned. You could feel Marko smirk against your skin. He lightly grazed his fangs against your neck causing you to shiver. You loved this man so much. He inserted his fangs into your neck causing you to moan loudly. "M...marko." You moaned.

Suddenly you felt a presence at the door. "Oh my God get a room." Said Paul as he carried Erica on his shoulders. "Seriously guys. No one wants to see or hear that." Erica sassed. Marko quickly took his fangs out of your neck wiping the blood off his chin before watching the fang marks quickly heal on your skin. "We have a room Pauly. And Erica, you walked in on it. So thats your fault." You smirked as you got out of bed and walked over to them.  You could hear Marko grumble from behind you about being interrupted which caused you to giggle.

"Come on girly. We have a surprise for you." Said Paul. "Alright Pauly, but you know I hate surprises. And I see the two of you are getting along nicely." You said to Erica. "Yeah, he's crazy but in a way he's kind of cool. For a twisted sister wannabe." Said Erica. "Yeah he is kinda cool." You smirked. "Im not kinda cool, im the coolest. Thank you very much!" Said Paul sassily. Erica and you exchanged looks before the both of you rolled your eyes.

Paul led you out to the main part of the cave with Marko trailing behind you. You saw everyone patiently waiting for you. "Happy Birthday!" Everyone cheered. With everything going on, you completely forgot it was Steve's and your birthday today. This made you fall to the ground crying. Marko shot everyone a dirty look before everyone realized what they had done. Marko quickly scooped you up off the ground and carried you to the couch. "Put everything away NOW!" David's voice boomed in the cave. Everyone quickly grabbed all the gifts and set them in a separate area of the cave. They took all of the balloons down and Hopper placed the cake back in his car. 

You lid on the couch in a fetal position well Marko gently ran his hand up and down your back.  You wished Steve was here to celebrate with you. Billy and Raven sat on the ground infront of the couch. Raven held your hand and would wipe the tears away. Billy was there to constantly hand you blood bags. "Im sorry angel." Said Marko as he continued to rub your back. You continued to cry.

Everyone else had left except for Billy and Raven. "Why dont we get her to bed." Said Raven. Marko scooped you up off the couch and carried you back to your shared room. "We will stay here for the night incase she needs anything." Said Billy. "Thank you." Said Marko.
_________________________________________

On the outskirts of town, Steve had spent the entire day with Sapphire at the abandoned wearhouse. Steve had completely forgotten it was his birthday  as well as yours.

Cole, Dylan, Phillip, and Joseph finally arrived back at the wearhouse just as the sun was setting. Steve and Sapphire were laughing just as Cole and the rest of his group arrived back at the cave. "Lets all get some rest, we have a busy day tomorrow. All of us." Said Cole. Sapphire and Steve did as they were told and laid down in their separate cots before drifting off to sleep.
_________________________________________

Steve was woken up by Cole towering over him. The sun was getting ready to rise. "Whats going on?" Asked Steve. "Get up." Said Cole. Steve got up from his cot. "The boys and I were talking and we decided to give you an initiation task." Said Cole. "Whats the task?" Asked Steve. "Kill your sisters boyfriend or we hurt Sapphire." Cole smirked. "What?" Asked Steve wide eyed. "You heard me. Kill the boyfriend or we hurt Sapphire. We can all tell you fancy her." Said Cole.

Steve though about it for a moment. He couldn't let anything happen to Sapphire. He had to kill Marko. "Okay, ill do it." Said Steve. Cole smirked as he handed Steve a wooden stake.

Steve left the abandoned wearhouse and made his way back to the cave. He knew you would be pissed at him but he couldn't risk Sapphire getting hurt.

Steve finally made it to the cave. Everyone was asleep. He slowly made his way through the cave and into your room. He saw how you looked upset but he didnt know why. He had a mission to do and he couldn't let Sapphire suffer the consequences because he failed.

He stood over Marko's sleeping form before driving the wooden stake straight through his heart.

Marko began screaming in pain and convulsing which caused you to wake up. "WHAT DID YOU DO? WHAT DID YOU DO. ILL FUCKING KILL YOU!" You screamed as Steve ran away.

You carefully pulled the stake out of Marko's chest and hoped your idea worked. You bit down on your wrist and fed Marko your blood. You pressed your wrist against his lips.

A/N: sorry for the cliffhanger. Will Marko survive? Find out in the next chapter!

Thank you all for reading my book. Love you all!