10

Y/N's POV

It was the next morning. Me, James and Steve were sitting in the living room. I was taking small sips of my coffee as the boys caught me up to date on everything they know. I looked down at my ankle, the electronic device strapped around. I sighed, my body was still weak.

Bucky: "Why didn't you tell us?"

Y/N: "You don't know my father, I couldn't. He knows my every move, my every breath and every word I speak."

Bucky: "You didn't deserve to go through that"

I rolled my eyes as I turned my head to meet with James's eyes.

Y/N: "I don't need your sympathy James"

A small part of me was screaming at me, these were my boys and once loved them. But I just don't remember that love, that happiness. It was all washed away by my father. I just know pain and hurt.

My attention drew back to Steve.

Y/N: "Anyway when is this stupid tag coming off my ankle?"

Steve: "Not anytime soon, you're going to help us take hydra down."

I scoffed.

Y/N: "What makes you think i'll help you?"

Steve looked into my eyes.

Steve: "You want your freedom don't you? Plus you don't need to be afraid of your father anymore. We can help you take him down, the avengers won't fail you. Once you get your hands on him you can kill him or do whatever you want"

It sounded okay to me, I didn't want to work for hydra or be under my fathers influence anymore, I just want to do my own thing.

Steve folded his arms looking at me with confusion.

Steve: "Off topic but I need to ask, how did you survive that fall?"

I grinned at him.

Y/N: "Honey I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time"

I just wanted to sound dramatic but it was my magic.

Bucky: "Can we trust you to work with us?"

Y/N: "You'll find out won't you?"

I stood up taking a few steps in front of them before I turned around meeting with their eyes again.

Y/N: "For your information, this doesn't make us friends despite what you know about me"

James rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Bucky: "I wouldn't dream of it"

I licked my lips before walking out the living room.