26

[ A few days later ]

Y/N's POV

Sitting on the couch I took a sip of wine as I watched the girls play around with the shield.

L: "I cannot believe you stole Captain America's shield!"

I rolled my eyes.

Y/N: "How many times do I have to tell you Lindsey, he got hurt and they took him away  forgetting his shield there on the ground, if anything I'm doing him a favour. By now he probably thinks he lost it"

Nelly let go of the shield as she sat next to me.

N: "I have so many questions! Like since when did you have magic and how do you know the famous Captain America! Girl, you've really been living a double life and had us fooled!"

Y/N: "I didn't- Steve and I go way back to 1941 and I didn't have you fooled, I just wanted to live a normal life for a while"

Lindsey handed me the shield and sat on my other side.

L: "You know you gotta give it back now right, unless you tell me the location of the compound and I can hand it in myself, I would love to see cap up close"

I turned my head glaring at her comment before shaking my head.

Y/N: "You know what? I'll go"

They both smirked at me as I finished my wine, I walked into my bedroom to get ready. I threw on a blue laced cami top, with white jeans and black heels. I looked at the shield on my bed through my mirror it was just staring at me, Steve was running through my mind. Was he okay? Did he heal alright? I was overthinking it, if anything happened Tony would of tried to contact me.

Y/N: "Damn you, Rogers"

I mumbled to myself, throwing my hair into a ponytail I took the shield strapping it to my arm then saying bye to the girls before I made my way back to the compound.

Once I walked into the compound I greeted everyone who was sitting around in the lounge area, the only people who weren't there was Steve and James. Nat and Wanda ran up to me giving me a hug, I took there awkwardly.

Y/N: "Oh we hug now.."

Nat: "Where have you been! We missed you"

Wanda: "You left without saying goodbye, the least you can do is hug us back!"

I slowly wrapped my arms around the both of them for a brief moment before pushing them away.

Y/N: "Okay enough"

Sam pointed towards the shield.

Sam: "You are a life saver, Steve's been depressed lately thinking he lost his shield"

Tony stood up and walked towards me.

Tony: "A little bird told me, not only did you save Rogers but you helped us back in Paris, you know what that means don't you?"

Y/N: "Don't say it"

Tony: "You're an avenger"

I shook my head.

Y/N: "In your wildest dreams, Where's Steve?"

Nat: "Try the terrace"

I nodded as I walked upstairs to the main terrace, the glass doors were wide open. I could see James sitting down on a lounge chair while Steve is standing looking out at the view, both their backs were facing me. I unstrapped the shield from my arm and took one more step closer before throwing the shield towards Steve, he instantly turned around and caught it, I knew he would.