17

I've been emotionally unstable these past few days and I've been busy with midterms, but i'm back ♡ i updated my kuroo fic, too ! BUT OMG THANKS FOR 1K <333

-

Yesterday, Nobara told you she'll be at your house at morning so the both of you will have time to prepare for the ball.

True enough, when you woke up the next day, you heard voices downstairs, even when your door was closed. You went to your bathroom to freshen up before you went out of your room.

As you reached the last flight of stairs, you spotted Nobara sitting on the couch with your mom sitting across from her. You made your presence known, so their heads turned to you, a smile on their faces.

"You're finally up," Nobara commented. You gave her a small smile, walking to the kitchen to find something to eat. "Have you eaten, Nobara?" you heard your mom ask your friend. "Oh, not yet, Ms. L/N."

"Come, eat with Y/N." she insists. You glanced at them and saw Nobara shaking her head, but you know she wanted to eat. You know her too well. "Let's eat, Nob." you said, making her shrug slowly, like she was being forced and stood. "Alright!" she seemed cheery and excited for someone who's always grumpy in the morning. She's that excited to the ball.

As you both ate breakfast, the two of them were engaged in a conversation that you quietly listened to. Your mom has her hand on her hip as she listened intently at your friend, with questions ready to ask after she talks. It eventually led to your mom asking Nobara about her plans for Valentine's.

She laughed it off, "Oh, Miss L/N. I'm not interested in dates or so whatever." her fingers playing with the fork, murdering the pancake on the plate. You emptied your plate, placing your fork on top of it. "Maybe Y/N is." your eyes blinked at her, stopping your movements.

Two pairs of eyes peered at you. Nobara was smirking then turned to your mother, who looked so curious, with her eyebrows raised. "Is this... the same guy that night?!"

Ugh. She's like the younger version of Nobara. Always wanting to know everything, and won't stop bugging you until you tell her. I wonder if I'm adopted.

"Are you talking about a tall man with glasses and white hair?" Nobara nodded, making your mother's mouth form an 'o', realization hitting her. "He's an attractive tall man! I can see it even though he was wearing shades that time." she grins, probably picturing Gojo in her mind. You wanted to scoff at that.

You shake your head, not caring for whatever they were talking about. Your last encounter with him made you feel weird and you wanted to ignore him for real since then. Guys like him don't care about a woman's feelings. I'm sure of that because of what I hear about him at school. Everything he told me was all lies.

You can see at the corner of your eye Nobara leaning forward to whisper something to your mother. Shaking your head, you brought your empty plate and walked to the sink to put it there. When you got back, your mother gasped at what Nobara said.

"Playboy?! Y/N, why are you getting involved with a playboy?" she hissed, her foredead creasing. You raised an eyebrow at your friend, who pretended she didn't snitch. She avoided your glance, eating her cereal, but you can see the small smile on her lips.

You shrugged nonchalantly. "Mom, we're not dating-"

"Oh, I told that to your grandmother, too. And guess what? I got pregnant the next week." Nobara stifled a laugh, making your mom's head turn to her. She apologized, proceeding to eat her breakfast. You sighed out loud, "There's nothing going on. Don't believe anything Nobara said." you shake it off, but knowing her, she'll probably tell your father's story again and it's a long sermon again.