49

100k reads! thank u sm <3

two chapters left.

You left him on seen.

The only message you responded to was Nobara's, who was asking how you were even though she just dropped you off hours ago. You smile, thankful for your friend. Without her, you would've easily given up to Satoru and wouldn't have  given yourself some time to think.

Your mom stayed, and you have this feeling that she wanted to ask you something, but refrained herself from doing so. She must've sensed how you were holding back, and to be honest, you didn't want to bother her with your boy problems. She's had enough problems of her own, besides, ratting Gojo out on her feels... wrong.

Yes, I know, he did me wrong. He deserved to be called out. But thinking about your mom changing her view on Gojo was something you don't wish to happen. Sad to say that despite what he did, you still want to defend him from everyone around you. Everyone who cares for you. Even if you knew he deserved that.

Sighing loudly, you glanced at your phone again to see Gojo's name flashing on the screen, calling. Your heart betrayed you as its beat sped, blinking and contemplating on answering it or not. Is three days enough to give yourself space and ignore him? I don't think so.

You reached for your phone, staring at the screen that was continuously ringing. There, staring back at you, was a picture that you took of him when you went out to get ice cream with him. His gorgeous eyes vibrant, hair a bit messy but still looked good on him, and that heartmelting grin he gave you when you took a picture, and used it as a picture for his contact on your phone.

I didn't think it was possible for my heart to hurt, but it ached so bad. Ached for him.

Hands clenching, you dropped it on the bed, letting your phone ring. An image flashed in your mind, making you shut your eyes, sighing through your nose. His eyes closed. His hands on her body, holding her. His mouth claiming hers.

You swallowed the lump in your throat. Three fucking times. It happened three times behind your back. Who knows, maybe more than that and decided that three was the safest number to say to your face. Why is your heart betraying you now by being eager to see him again? To get back to how it was before? To be ignorant of the red flags waving behind him whenever he's around?

After a few rings, he finally gave up, leaving a voicemail instead.

"I miss you. Call me back as soon as you get this, okay?"

Once again, tears formed in your eyes as you flare your nose and bite your lower lip. You can't deny how you missed his voice so much. He sounded like he truly misses you, but you prevent yourself from grabbing the phone and answer his texts. As much as you hate it, you imagine him with her again, just to bring back the painful feeling of being cheated on by the one you love. Disgusted by how he never thought of you as much as you did of him. Respected you like you do him.

Dinner was full of your mother talking about her work and asking updates from you, as usual. You responded with a tight smile, and when Gojo was mentioned as your boyfriend, you try your best not to look like you haven't talked to him for days.

She didn't see through your agony, that's why the next day, while you were getting ready for work, you regret not giving her a hint that you and Gojo are not in good terms as of the moment.

"Y/N?" she calls, pushing your door open a bit. You pressed your lips together after applying lipstick, "Yeah?" you lean back from the mirror to look at her.