Magic

Magic; the power of apparently influencing events by using mysterious or supernatural forces

Jace's POV (first person)

I burst into Clary's room, and found her sitting down reading a book that was upside down. She should have just tattooed 'guilty' on her forehead.

"What are you up to?", I asked.

"Shouldn't you be f*cking Freya, or something, you honestly don't get laid enough", she spat out.

"That's the funniest joke I've ever heard, I get laid more than three times a day, so don't worry about me sweetheart", I said.

I was trying to keep the conversation light, so she wouldn't get suspicious. Did I really just call her sweetheart? Gross.

"Sweetheart...huh... that's new", she said.

Talking to Clary was already draining my energy, so I decided to cut to the chase.

I yanked off her bedsheets, and low and behold, the almighty Jonathan Morgenstern, cowering under her bed. Pathetic.

"Look who we have here", I said.

"Sebastian Verlac", Jonathan said, whilst slowly standing up, and stretching out his hand.

If Jonathan was 'Sebastian Verlac', then I might as well go around calling myself the Seelie queen.

Who did he honestly think he was fooling?

I shook his hand roughly.

"I'll be going now", he said.

He slammed the door behind him.

"Want to tell me why you are messing around with Freya's brother?", I asked.

I had had enough of Clary's antics. I stormed out of her room, and slammed the door behind me. I decided to go with Maryse to the angel square, to buy new weapons. I needed some time and space to clear my head.

Freya's POV (first person)
Jace had been gone for a long while, and I was getting worried.
I heard the door slowly open, and I quickly scrambled to my feet, thinking it was Jace. But the devil incarnate was standing before me instead.
"Sebastian Verlac", he said, eyeing me suspiciously.
"What the hell do you want?", I asked.
"I wanted to introduce myself, I'm Clarissa's boyfriend", he said.
I grimaced. How could Clary be so stupid.
"Alright?", I said.
"Ok, see you around", he said, before walking off.
I got up to find Jace. What I found....
He was making out with Clary! Clary!
"What the f*ck?", I said.
"Look.. Frey..", Jace said.
My heart felt like it was shattering. In tiny pieces. I felt like I was being stabbed repetitively.
Why would he?
"Save it", I said.
I turned around and stormed off. I bumped into a hard chest, and almost fell to the floor, until the person caught me. It was Alec.
I burst into tears, and Alec pulled me into a hug and whispered, 'I'm here for you, whatever you need'.
I nodded.
Alec gestured for me to follow him. He opened the door to his room, and I cautiously entered.
He motioned for me to sit down. So I did.
I started to sob, and he held me.
"I know... this is probably the wrong time... never mind", he said.
"Say it", I said.
"I love you, Freya... I just wanted to say that.... I'm not really good with expressing how I feel... and all... but I love you so much it hurts.... it hurts", Alec said.
"Alec....", I said.
"It's fine... forget it", he said.
"Alec... I'm not going to dismiss your feelings..... I just need time, you know... and I'm freaking out.. with the whole Jace thing.... I thought he loved me... clearly not.. you could probably guess why I have trust issues, which all that's happened.... but I'm not bitter.... and I do like you", I blurted out. Sh*t.
The door suddenly burst open, and a fuming Jace stormed in.
"What the f*ck do you want?", I shrieked.
"Listen... Freya... we have a big problem", Jace said.
"What?", I asked.
"I was out, with Maryse, for the past five hours, and someone has been posing as me", Jace said.
"Huh?", I said.
"Clary has also disappeared, it looks like, she has been working with Valentine all along", Jace said.
"So you didn't cheat on me with Clary?", I asked.
"Why the f*ck would I do that? Do you not get it? You are it for me. There's nobody else.. I would never even think of.. and with that disgusting excuse of a human... Do you think that low of me?", Jace asked.
"No... Jace...", I said.
"I'm the rebound then", Alec muttered.
"No... you're not", I said.
"Huh... you hear that Jace, you better ask your girlfriend why she said she has feelings for me", Alec said.
"You what!", Jace said.
"Am I not enough for you?", Jace said, almost whispering. His expression turned sombre, almost remorseful.
"I like Alec! As a friend, so calm the flip down! He's always just been a friend!!", I shrieked. But, why did it feel so wrong saying that. Why did saying that... feel worse than finding out Jace (who wasn't actually Jace) was cheating on me. Sh*t. F*ck me and my confusing feelings.