Slide

Slide; move smoothly along a surface while maintaining continuous contact with it

Freya's POV(first person)

A week passed.

Nothing changed, apart from me being ill. Thanks to Jace, I happened to get really ill. Apparently I actually had the so called 'super flu', that Jace had initially lied about.

So me and Jace were now locked in my room for another two weeks. It was beyond irritating.

I missed Alec, and surprisingly, I missed Isabelle as well.

After we both got better, everything
pretty much went back how it was before. 

Apart from, you know, no one speaking to me. Jace, Alec and Isabelle were extremely secretive.

Two months had slowly passed, and nothing changed, the only word anyone uttered to me was 'hello', apart from that, no one acknowledged my existence.

I was bored, and decided why not go out, and explore. That probably was the worse decision, granted, how I always seemed to attract trouble, but there is only so many times you can read 'a court of thorns and roses'. It was kind of ironic, reading a fantasy book.

I slowly climbed down from my window. To be met with an angry Alec.

I avoided his gaze. I didn't have the time nor energy for an argument, but like I said; I always attract trouble. It's like I'm a magnet for chaos.

"Freya, where are you going?", he asked, anger lacing each word he enunciated.

"Why do you care?", I asked.

"Why are you always so careless?", he asked.

"Now you decide to talk to me, wow, is that a sentence I hear", I said, sarcastically.

"I've had my reasons for keeping quiet", Alec said bitterly.

"What's your problem?", I asked, whilst trying to outpace him.

He was testing my patience.

"You know, my mother told me love is nothing but a hinderance", Alec said.

"Look, I know you kissed Jace", Alec added.

I shrugged. How did he expect me to react?

"And?", I asked.

"And? Seriously? You'll always choose Jace, won't you?", Alec said.

"Won't you!", he yelled.

Seriously?

"Look... I didn't mean to hurt you... alright", I said.

Hopefully that would be enough for him.

"Freya", he said.

He cupped my face, and gently kissed my cheek.

"Where have you been?", I asked.