Higher power

"You've got a higher power"- Coldplay

Freya's POV (first person)

A mission. A mission to infiltrate a vampire den, and confront the clan leader about the whereabouts of the mortal mirror.

According to my douche of a brother, this so called Vampire was an expert and knew more about shadowhunter history, than anybody else.

And this Vampire in question, was no other than...

Raphael.

Yep, the murderous, dark, avenging devil, who tricked me, Jace and Clary. And almost killed all of us. Literally.

So, when your told you're going on a mission to question a psycho. What should your reaction be?

"Absolutely f*cking not!!", I yelled.

"Freya. Look. Let me make three things clear. One, what I say goes. Two, if you don't listen there will be consequences. Three, remember rule one and two, or you're dead", he said rather too calmly, with a sinister look plastered on his face. His smile was creepy, haunting and deadly.

"Things have changed now, and you'll just have to put up with it", he said.

"As if!", I yelled.

Put up his sh*t? No chance.

Jonathan suddenly stormed towards Jace and wrapped his hands around his neck. Jace started to gasp for air, but managed to push Jonathan away.

"Next time, pretty boy is dead, Freya", Jonathan said.

I was furious. My eyes glowed a bright golden yellow. And Jonathan suddenly hovered in the air, and crashed to the floor, and was knocked out.

Clary pulled out a seraph blade, but Evie hit her over the head with a vase, and Clary fell to the floor. 

Jace pulled out a vial that was full of a thick black liquid, and he threw it at Jonathan.

"What the hell was that?", I asked.

"Let's just say, that Jonathan won't be much of a problem", Jace said.

"What? How?", I asked.

"A powerful warlock made a potion that could naturalise demon blood. So Jonathan's now powerless. Although, we planned to do this in a couple of weeks, to find out what he was up to, but you had to start a fight with him. Didn't you Freya? Ugh!!! You're such an idiot!!!", Evie yelled.

"Well maybe if both of you told me about your little plan, I would know what to do", I retorted.

"And you're the idiot", I added.

Evie had a menacing look on her face.

Before anyone could say anything else, an opening to a portal appeared. Alec and Isabelle stepped through.

Alec's POV (first person)

What have I been doing for three months? I've been tracking down everything and everyone associated with Jonathan to find out where he was hiding.  

I had confronted Isabelle, and we'd decided to work together.

All we knew is Freya and Jace were in danger, and they needed to be found. It's crazy to think no one has seen them for 6 months. Half a year, I haven't seen either of them. During these six months I also met someone. A werewolf called Jade.

She was beautiful. She was 5ft 7, and she had long curly blonde hair and emerald green eyes. And I truly found someone that I related to completely.

I had moved on from Freya. And I hoped she had. Some part of me would always feel something for her.
But I knew, she'd always choose Jace.

Regardless of anything, it would never be me. And I was fine with that. I wasn't going to spend the rest of my life chasing someone who I wasn't meant to be with.

Jace and Freya were both complete opposites but perfect for each other. Soulmates or whatever you want to call it.

Me and Isabelle had set the portal for Jonathan's so called 'hide out'.

When we stepped through the portal we were met with, none other than...

Freya, Jace and Evie.

Wait... huh? Evie.

Isabelle ran towards Evie and hugged her, but quickly pulled away and started cursing and calling her any curse word she could come up with.

Evie explained what had happened to her, as what she'd been up to. Isabelle looked beyond happy to have her best friend back.

We were all filling in on what had happened. If felt like old times. One thing I did notice was, Freya was standing there miserably, and staring into space.

"Is she lost, Freya come here", Evie said.

"Don't 'come here' me", Freya said bitterly.

Freya walked over to Jonathan, and she looked even more miserable.

"What wrong with Freya?", Isabelle asked.

"Freya, care to explain what you and Jace have been doing for 6 months?", Isabelle asked.

"You know, running away from the clave, than finding out everyone in the shadow world was after me was so amazing... so that involved even more running. Than my brother found me, threatened me, yada yada yada, I had an argument with him, and we fought, I ended up dislocating my knee, and two ribs, then Jace and Evie showed up. Jonathan was being annoying, and we argued yet again, oh and now he's unconscious because of something Jace did", Freya blurted out.

"So, you were basically, on a wild goose chase for six months, and you dragged Jace around with you, because you were too selfish to...", Isabelle said, but she was quickly cut off by Jace.

"She told me to go, but I didn't. I refused", Jace said.

"I love her. Alright? I love her too much", Jace said.

"We should go", Freya said.

She began to draw a portal to the institute. We had a lot of problems to deal with, but from the looks of it, Jonathan was no longer a threat.

A/N

Hey guys!!! Don't mind all of the Coldplay lyrics I quote!!!

I'm a massive fan of Coldplay!!!
My favourite song is higher power!!!

Anyways!!! I hope all of you are enjoying the book so far!!!