Epilogue

"And dreamed of paradise"- Coldplay

Freya's POV (first person)

It was a usual, typical day in the New York institute. It had been a year since anyone had heard about Jonathan or Valentine.

Everybody was still, obviously vigilant and observant. As, we all knew for sure that the war and fight against Jonathan and Valentine wasn't over yet.

I was 18!!! I know!!!

Time flies. Me and Jace had become extremely close. Even closer than before.

Isabelle and me, were practically best friends. However, I hadn't heard from Simon in almost 3 years!!!

All I knew was he was an upcoming writer. He was writing a book series called, 'out of the shadow'. Ironic.

That brings me to Evie. Alec and Evie were engaged. Crazy huh?

Clary.... She somehow managed to escape the clave, so she was on the run.

"Freya", Jace said.

"Yep", I said.

"Can, you, uh- follow me", Jace hadn't changed. Still the same asshole, I'd met three years ago. And I loved him, just the way he was.

I slowly trudged out of my cluttered, disorganised room, and noticed deep red rose petal scattered everywhere.

I followed the path, and saw Jace kneeling in the main room of the institute.

"Jace... huh?", I asked.

He was holding an old rusted ring that he wore all of the time. Jace had recently found out his parents were herondales. And so he go their family ring.

But that didn't explain why he was kneeling? Wait... he couldn't possibly be...

"Freya, I know we've had our ups and downs. I know I'm also a massive pain in your but, and I snore every night. I also know that I'm beyond irritating, and, 'my feet are so big, I resemble big foot'. But I'm hoping you can ignore all of that. You're are a kind, funny, selfless and loving person. I love you so much, it physically hurts! I want to be with you for the rest of my life. So will you marry me?", Jace asked, whilst smirking.

"No", I said jokingly. Jace looked panicked, then he realised I was joking, and he looked irritated.

I was so evil!!

"Of course I will", I said.

His face instantly broke out into a massive smile. He slowly put the ring on my finger, and he softly kissed my hand, before standing up.

He leaned in and kissed me softly.
There was clapping and cheering.
Maryse and Robert were smiling from ear to ear. Isabelle was sobbing.

A/N

Hey guys!!!
I decided to release the ending of this book as well,
Because..... Why not?
I hoped you all enjoyed my book!!!
Thanks for reading, it mean the world!!!
Vote and comment!!!!