Unforgettable

Unforgettable; impossible to forget; very memorable.

Alec's POV (first person)

"We've decided that you will be going on a mission to find Freya Morgenstern and Jace Lightwood, as it is crucial Freya doesn't fall into the wrong hands", the Consul said.

"And handing her over to the clave is any better? Look at the way you talk about Freya, like she's your property, an inanimate object, and not human", I blurted out.

I couldn't let them talk about her in such a way, it was in my instincts to always defend those who I love.

"Alec Lightwood, I would hold my tongue if I were you", the inquisitor said.

I reflexively rolled my eyes.

"We've tried to track her, but whenever a stele is used to attempt to draw the tracking rune, it melts", the Consul said.

"Your not saying...", my mother said, her face paling.

"That she has the ability to melt adamas, possibly. We don't know the extent of her abilities, but we must find her before she gets into Valentine's hands", the consul added.
"Once we find her, she will be trained, and she will defeat Valentine", the consul said.
"Her own father", I said.
"We must all make difficult decisions for the greater good, and I do believe her relationship with her father is strained", the inquisitor said, carefully choosing her words, and blatantly trying to justify the clave's cruelty.
"I refuse", I said.
"Alec Lightwood, if you refuse, you'll find your family's situation will become worser than it already is", the consul said.
"Wow, you are no better then Valentine, experimenting, threatening families...damn", I said.
"I'll do it", Isabelle said. Wait...what?
I...
"I said I'll do it.... Freya's done nothing but cause trouble... I'll do it, because...I hate Freya", she said.
"You.... Isabelle... don't you dare", I said.
"Then it's settled", the inquisitor said before leaving the house.
"Isabelle Lightwood come with me", the Consul said.

Jace's POV (first person)
"Freya", I said.
"What?", she replied.
"Are we...I don't know what to say", I said. Truthfully I had no clue what to say to be honest. It felt extremely awkward now.
"Don't say anything.... I'm not mad at you or Alec, I'm mad at myself to be honest..", she said.
"And why is that?", I asked.

Isabelle's POV (first person)
I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to carry out the clave's mission to find Freya and Jace. I disagreed with them. Completely. I was doing this for my family. That's it. Nobody else.
The Consul had gave me a couple of hours to pack and then I would be heading back to the New York institute. The first person I was told to go to was Magnus.
I honestly doubted Freya would go to Magnus, for all we knew, she could be with Valentine already. But, knowing the clave, they refused to believe that. That's what you call arrogance.
"Isabelle", it was my mother.
"Yes", I said.
"Be careful", she simply said, before walking off.

Freya's POV (first person)
"And why is that?", he asked.
"Because... I feel like I've been leading Alec on", I admitted.
"What do you mean?", he asked.
"Because, whenever I'm with Alec, I can't stop thinking about you", I said.
"Freya. I don't know what to... I don't know", he said, whilst sighing.
I was about to say something, but he put his hand up, indicating I shouldn't say anything.
"You can't keep doing this. One minute you have feelings for me when Alec isn't around, when he is around you're not sure. I hate to call you selfish, but I would never want anyone to mess with your feelings the way you have messed with me", he said.
"So. Freya. When you're finally sure about what you want, let me know", he said.
I did know.
It would be him. And that would be that. I knew it would be him. Always and forever.
"I am sure. It's you.", I said.
He stared at me for a long, long time.
He slowly got up and walked towards me and whispered, "well... you've taken way too long to admit that".
Huh?
He smashed his lips against mine.
"To clarify if you're confused, I've always been yours, you're it for me", he said.
"Likewise", I said.

A/N
Hey guys! For those shipping Alec and Freya, sorry but I just couldn't. It wouldn't make any sense...I was just editing this chapter and I realised something. Even though I've already written this book, I feel like it needs more oomph.
So I decide to do a competition!!!
The first person to vote for this chapter gets to decide which character to bring back, or introduce a completely new character!!!
I haven't written about Clary for a long time, but I'm not going to lie (she's my least favourite character)
All the best,
Jess_6823 xxx