Hit and run

⚠️TW/mentions of suicide⚠️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He brought me into a hug in which I flinched . I felt his metal arm on my cheek which was cold, colder than normal, all I've been thinking about is myself when I haven't really noticed what he's been doing.

"You alright?",I asked him, but it came out in a whisper.

"Always",He replied with a small smile.I could tell he was lying.

"Okay",I replied, kissing his chest.

"Do you want to go for a walk?",I asked as it usually clears my head and I didn't want to be alone.

"Yes sure",he replied, letting me go and we walked out of my room.

Everyone was sat in the living room whilst me and James headed for the front door.

"Where are you two love birds going?",Clint shouted, now everyone was looking at us.

"No, we're just-",I started not knowing what to say as we haven't told anyone yet. Until Clint cut me off "I'm joking, we don't care, have fun".

I froze for a few seconds until James brought me back.

"C'mon let's go",He said, opening the door for me, which I nodded my head to and walked out.

We were walking for a few minutes but I couldn't get Clint's words out of my mind 'We don't care'.Shit it shouldn't be affecting me this much as it is.

"You alright?"Barnes asked, as I didn't even know what he was talking about.

"Y-yes sorry, just got lost in thought".I replied, trying to brush it off.

A few minutes later it started to rain, I put my hood up but James didn't care, the rain didn't affect him, but same for me, the rain is quite calming.

We were now near the city so there were quite a lot of people with umbrellas up.We were walking and talking peacefully, until a car suddenly flew around the corner, it was an armored vehicle and all the windows were blacked out and closed, except for one.

The guy was holding a gun.

James quickly pulled me out the way as we heard bullets spray in the air right next to us.

The car then sped away and we looked up at the damage.

There was a women dead on the floor, I rubbed my eyes, clearing the rain away and looked at her appearance.

She was a similar height to me, she didn't have a hood up meaning her fiery red hair was showing.This hit and run was meant for me.I was supposed to be dead, not an innocent women.

This is all my fault.

I ran to go and see if she was still breathing even though my sight was blurry from the mixture of rain and tears stinging in my eyes.As by now everyone had run away.

However James suddenly grabbed me by my arm and started pulling me away. "We need to go, you're not safe".He said firmly.

I tried to struggle but his metal arm overpowered me.My thoughts overpowered me I wanted to cry but nothing came out, I tried to speak but i couldn't.This is all my fault.

I stopped struggling and allowed him to pull me away.'We don't care'.I thought in my head.

We were walking back home, if that's what i should even call the avengers facility.I don't belong there."We don't belong there".I muttered out without even realising, the average person would've missed it in the rain and the noise, but James heard it.