Healing

It's been two days.Two long days since I've had no choice but to rot in my hospital bed and James hasn't left me since.

He's barely slept and eaten.Once he shared a meal with me.The others are convincing him to take a walk and go to bed, but he refuses.

Until a day later Steve finally convinced him that I need time to heal.

I was asleep. Or I pretended to be. Steve was waiting for him to leave me.Sighing he kissed my head and didn't take his eyes off me until he left the room.

This was my chance.

I reckoned he wouldn't be back for another 5-10 minutes so I had to be quick.

I quickly took out my cannulas and moved my legs as quickly as I could before the morphine stopped.I didn't even want it, but yet again James insisted.

I think I moved them too quickly because as soon as I stood up a searing pain spread through my leg.The doctors gave me crutches as I sprained a part of my leg, but I wasn't going to use them.

My head spun and my vision blurred for a second, until I got it together and started to walk, well limp towards the door.

Firstly I realised there was a hoodie on the back of the chair, it was James's because it was way too big for me, but it was very comfy.

I put my hood up so no one would realise my red hair straight away.

I didn't know where I was going to go, I hadn't thought that far to be honest.

I Listened out and there was no one walking past so I quickly opened the door.

Of course James was standing talking to Steve a few yards away.

I avoided contact and quickly walked around the corner to a different corridor.

My eyes were glued to the floor, I managed to dodge everyone who was in my way even though I didn't even glance at them.

Until someone took me off guard as they were running even though they are usually easier to hear, but I didn't react fast enough and stumbled to the floor.

They were quick to say sorry and even reached out a hand until that hand wasn't there anymore.

Barnes, without me even realising, had a dangerous grip on the guys arm and pinned him to the wall firmly.

"Sorry isn't good enough, pal", he spoke fiercely with a clenched jaw.

"Bucky, leave him, I'm fine",I said leaning against the wall.

He tensed his grip on the guy even tighter until he quickly let go, throwing him against the wall and watching him leave scared to death.

James quickly came up to me allowing me to put my weight on him whilst cupping my cheeks.

"Tasha, what are you doing?" He asked me.

"I can't stay in the bed any longer",I replied looking into his eyes, hoping he would understand.

He sighed. "Fine, but you're staying in your own bed".

"Thank you",I replied quietly,

He nodded and picked me up bridal style carrying me back to my room, on the way he wasn't moving out of the way for anyone.

Carefully he placed me on my bed, tucking me in and giving a kiss to my forehead.

"Are you not joining?",I asked, reaching my arms out.

"Yes",He replied moving next to me.I rested my head on his chest cuddling in him ready to fall asleep.

-A week later-

Lost in my own solitude, I spun my knife through my fingers.It calms me.

Until I was interrupted.

I turned and threw my knife, it was a milimeter away from their head.I already knew who it was.

"Your aims still impressive",James said.

"What's that supposed to mean?",I replied.

"No it's just ugh-"

"I'm kidding",I chuckled, Interrupting him.

"There's some food we ordered downstairs, if you want some".

"I'm not hungry",I replied.

"Tasha, you haven't been eating much lately".

"Thanks for the information I already know".I said sarcastically.

"...Hey,what's wrong?".

"Nothing-".

He placed his hands on my shoulders bringing me closer.

"I don't believe you".

"...I'm just-".

He gave me a reassuring look.

"I'm just a burden to everyone. I put everyone's lives at risk. Everyone would be better off without me".I stated looking down, playing with another knife in my hands.

"That's not true".He replied.

"You have Steve, Clint has his family.I have no one".I said.

"You have me.You are my family.

I slightly nodded my head.

 But....What about Yelena?"He asked.

"Yelena."I whispered.

"...We're not actually sisters.I bet Alexei was lying she was even alive.I don't want false hope.If she really cared she would have reached out to me.But yet again...I didn't go back for her".I said wiping the falling tears from my eyes.

"Well, I believe she is somewhere out there".He replied, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"But where?".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading :)

Please comment your thoughts!

Sorry I haven't posted in almost a week, i'll try and post as much as I can.

Yasmin<3